Chapter Forty Two

Prince Ryan's Point Of View

My mother just just left my room, she seemed satisfied with my response and I could see her body relax at my replies to her questions. I didn't feel that she suspected me of anything and I hoped that she continued to be oblivious to my ongoing suspicions. My heart thumped as I lied to her, for this had been the first time in my life where I wasn't honest with her. My heart pained at the change in our relationship, my mind was always second guessing my memories with my mother, wondering if she was ever genuine. 

My mother said she had a meeting but once again she refused to give me any details. The more time passed, the more I saw her clutch onto her power. I could feel my wolf getting antsy every time she tried to order him to do something, however we had a part to play and it was better for her to believe me to be the submissive son who would do anything for his mother's acceptance. 

Something isn't right. Reginald growled in the back of my mind. 

Of course something isn't right, we have just found my mother's secret book that has already given us some answers. We need to keep reading and understand just how deep the secrets and lies go. I explain to my wolf. 

I know that, but this meeting she is having. It's late who could she be meeting with at this time. Reginald growled.

He was right, it was coming up to dinner and no one, not even my father arranged meetings at this time. That meant that the meeting was something unexpected and required her immediate attention. My thoughts drift trying to work out who she could be meeting at this time. I know that if I missed dinner with Elisha it would cause suspicion to arise but I needed access to what my mother was doing. Quickly, I formulated a plan and made my way to Elisha's chambers. Hoping that she wouldn't suspect anything.

Do we really have to see this bitch? Reginald huffed. 

Unless you want my mother to get suspicious and Elisha to complain then shut up. I retort. Reginald silence fills my ears, understanding my intentions.  

I make my way down the hallway to the Princess quarters where Elisha and her family are staying and as I approach her door I give it a quick tap. My ears peak as I hear her soft footsteps make her away to the door. I plaster a fake smile as she opens the door. She's stood in one of her usual summer dresses and her eyes widen in surprise at my appearance. 

"Baby what are you doing here? I was just about to come down for dinner." Elisha softly says. 

"Darling I just thought I'd come and see you because I'm not feeling well and I was planning to get an early night. I was hoping you wouldn't miss me at dinner?" I solemnly reply. "But if it means that much to you I will join you but I thought I should rest as our ceremony is coming up soon." I smile softly as I furrow my brow. 

"Oh baby." She chucks herself into my arms and I quickly respond by wrapping my arms tightly round her waist, hoping she doesn't hear the grit of my teeth. "Do you need me to stay with you tonight and look after you?" She whispers seductively in my ear. 

"No darling, I wouldn't want you to catch whatever I have. You need to be your perfect self for the ceremony. Your my everything." I lie. I have to think of Leyla as I push the words out of my mouth. 

"Oh baby, your so thoughtful. No you get some rest and get to bed. I will see you in the morning for breakfast?" Elisha questions. 

"That sounds perfect darling, I'll come and grab you and we will go down together." I reply.

Smooth talking. Reginald scoffs. 

Shut up. I sing back at Reginald. 

I give her a quick peck to the cheek and pull myself back. "Baby why don't you kiss me on my lips anymore?" Elisha pouts.