Chapter Twenty Five

Alpha Reaper's Point Of View

"I need to find Leyla." Alexander gasped as he sat upright in his bed. 

My face was riddled with confusion. How did he know about Leyla? Did he know she was here? Why was he so desperate to find her. I could feel our bond begin to deepen. The threats were being wove as we sat together in the cabin. I could feel his relief at being alive. There was also this slither of hope that bubbling on the surface. 

I had never felt something like this before, I had heard people speak of the mate bond forming but nothing could prepare me for what it was really like. It was like nothing I had ever imagined. There was this innate need to be close, to bask in his presence. I could feel my soul anchor to his, it was reeling me in. I could feel my wolf howl with joy that her mate was alive. Her relief and happiness at feeling the missing part of her joy, I could sense that she felt complete. For the first time in my life there was peace that overwhelmed my soul. 

"Alexander, you need to take it easy. You've lost a lot of blood. You need to rest." I explained softly. I could sense my whole demeanour change. I didn't like it, I felt weak as the bond raced through my blood. I was clenching my fist. I didn't want to feel like this. I didn't want the attachment to grow. I could sense my wolf pushing for me to care for her broken mate. 

I sighed knowing that it was too late, that I had made a decision to tether myself to Alexander. I knew that rejecting the bond now would only cause me pain and weaken me. I had made a decision and I knew it wasn't out of love but out of desperation to save the Kingdom from Lamia's clutches. 

"Lily, you don't understand. We need to find Leyla, quickly. She's in danger." He exasperated. The worry that was laced through his voice mirrored his facial expression. 

"Alexander stop please!" I begged. "Who is this Leyla? Why are you wanting her?" There was a small slither of jealous that creeped across my skin. Why was my mate calling for another wolf? Especially for Leyla. How did he know about her? How did he know she was in danger. 

"Leyla.." he whispered as a tear escaped his eye. "She's a girl from my pack, she ran away. Nona saved her. She saved my daughter." He whispered.

My shoulders hitched when he said daughter. My heart immediately broke. The pain became overwhelming as I learned that my mate had fathered a daughter. A child who was not mine. The betrayal started to build and it was like my heart was breaking for a second time but this time it was worst because of the mark that I had laid on my mate. 

His child was the one that I had sworn to protect, the one that I promised no harm would come to on my lands. It was then that a part of me wanted to rip her apart. Questions buzzed through my mind, wondering who her mother was, when did she conceive the bastard child?

"What do you mean Leyla is your daughter Alexander?" I gritted my teeth. 

He looked at me with his big eyes, they were welled with tears, there was an overwhelming sense of hope and love as he stared at me. "Lily, Leyla is our daughter. She is alive, she didn't die." He cries tears of joy. Their rolling down his face while he grins like a madman. 

My face reddens at his words, the anger boils within me. The rage begins to consume me. How dare he lie to me! How dare he try to tell me our child is alive! I feel my fingers puncture my skin as I tighten my fingers into a fist. "How dare you Alexander." I whisper with rage. "How dare you say that my child is alive! Why would you tell me such a lie! You already have my mark, why are you trying to me so cruel! Our child is dead Alexander. Dead!" I shout at him. 

"Lily, listen to me. You have to believe me, our child is alive! Our child! We have a daughter! My parents told me! You have to listen to what I am saying! We can be a family!" He exasperates.