Chapter 2: The Number

Dan slides into a booth across from Phil and slaps the seat, meaning for me to sit down next to him. Mak, nervously, sits next to Phil.

"Okay, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm dying to know your names!" Dan laughs.

"Oh! Right, I'm sorry. My name is Lauren!" I exclaim, sticking out my hand properly. Dan shakes my hand and laughs again.

"And, I am Mak!" Mak exclaims, but doesn't stick out her hand.

"I couldn't help but notice, you were vlogging. Are you a youtuber?" Dan asks me, taking a sip of his milkshake.

"Yeah, you can say I'm a youtuber." I say shyly, looking down towards my milkshake. Mak kicks me from underneath the table and gives a look.

"We're both youtubers." Mak replies, smiling towards Phil.

"That's awesome! What are you channel names?" Dan exclaims. I stay there in a little embarrassed. I don't want Dan to think my channel is stupid. When I don't reply, Mak does.

"Well, my channel is Pizzagirlzzz, and Lauren's channel is Applejack131!" Mak states. I take the last sip of my milkshake, and set it down.

"We'll have to check it out sometime!" Phil says sweetly. I smile towards him and then towards Dan.

"Um... Do you mind if I vlog right now?" I ask, a little scared.

"Not at all!" Phil and Dan reply in sinc. I pull out my camera and press the record button.

"Okay guys, right now we are in Shake Away! YAY!" I exclaim, pumping my fist. I flip the camera around and show my shake which is gone.

"It was Cookie Dough, but I drank it all. There was an... Incident." I say, showing the camera Dan and Phil.

"It's Dan and Phil!" I yell quietly.

"Hello internet!' Dan says.

"Hey guys!" Phil says, waving to the camera. I stop recording and put the camera down.

"Lauren, Mak, we have to go. It was so nice meeting you!" Phil exclaims.

"Yeah, we should do it again sometime!" Dan replies. I smile as I pick myself up out of the booth. I throw my milkshake away and as I turn around, I run smack into Dan.

"Wow, two times in one day." Dan laughs. He throws his milkshake away and then pulls out his phone.

"Can I have your number?"Dan asks, holding out his phone.

"You want my number?" I question.

"Yeah I do!" Dan exclaims. I give my phone to Dan and Dan gives me his phone. We exchange numbers and give the phones back.

"See you around!" Dan exclaims, Phil coming up behind him.

"Bye!" Mak and I say. They both leave and Mak and I are alone.

"I got Dan's number!" I squeal.

"I got Phil's!" Mak squeals. We both do a happy dance. This day just keeps getting better and better.

************************************************************************************************************