Chapter 9: The Plane Ride

*2 weeks later

We're leaving for Vidcon today! I'm so excited for this! I've always dreamed of going to events like these and now it's actually coming true! I also got to sleep over at Dan's multiple times over the past 2 weeks.

"Lauren? Are you packed yet?!" Dan calls from the living room. Oh yeah, Dan and Phil are over. And we are leaving in like an hour for the airport.

"Um... no!" I call back. I'm such a procrastinator. I always wait till the last minute to do things.

"My goodness." Dan says, now appearing in my doorway. I laugh and walk towards him.

"What! You know how lazy I can be!" I reply, grinning. I kiss him lightly on the lips, but when Dan tries to deepen it, I stop him.

"Dan! I have to pack! If we have a make out sessions, I never will!" I tell him, patting him on the chest.

"Fine. Fine." Dan says, crossing his arms. I turn around and grab my suitcase from under my bed. I then start to throw clothes from my closet into the suitcase. I then put all my toiletries in a bag and put it in my suitcase. But when I go to close it, it won't shut. And the whole time, Dan just sits there in amusement!

"Are you going to help me or what?" I ask. I fake wiping sweat off my forehead and sigh loudly. Dan nods his head and comes over to me and shuts the suitcase no problem.

"That was easy." Dan states.

"That was easy." I mock. We share a laugh and then head downstairs.

"Okay, so who's ready to leave!" I shout, raising my hand in the air. A chorus of yeahs, is said.

"So let's get going!"

======================

"Dan, I'm next to you on the plane right?" I ask, as we start to board our plane.

"Yeah you are." Dan replies. A wave of relief washes over me. I hate sitting next to people on a plane that I don't know. And with such a long flight, I definitely need to sit next to my boyfriend.

We find our seats and it turns out, the seating arrangements are:

Mak, Dan and Me and then behind Dan is Phil.

We all laughed at him when we found out, he was in the middle of 2 people he didn't know.

"You nervous?" Dan asks me.

"Not really. I've been on lots of planes before." I state. Dan kisses my cheek and holds me hand.

"Am I going to have to listen to that, the entire plane ride?!" Mak exclaims, rubbing her eyes. Dan and I share a look and then kiss each other on the lips. We then purposely make louder lip smacking noises, just to annoy her.

"Maybe..." I laugh, Dan putting his arms around my shoulder.

"Guys, anyone wanna switch?" Phil complains, from the seat behind us.

"No!" All three of us tell him at once. Phil groans and we laugh.

A lady on the intercom, comes on telling us the plane is about to take off. I have a tight grip on Dan's hand. As we start to take off, Dan kisses me to take my mind of it. And it worked really well. We kissed the entire time during the take off. When we were finally in the air, Dan pulled back.

"Thanks." I say, smiling.

"I'd do anything for you babe." Dan tells me. This causes me to blush and my heart to flutter.

Lauren you need to tell him you love him soon. A voice in my head tells me. And it's true. I need too.

================

"Lauren! Wake up!" Dan says, shaking my shoulders. I pop open my eyes and noticed that we've landed.

"We're in California!" Dan exclaims. My eyes light up and I really want to squeal, but the people on the plane, wouldn't like that too much. Dan grabs my hand and leads me off the plane.

I can't believe it! I'm really in California! For a Youtube event! With my boyfriend Dan Howell.