Chapter 34: The Girlfriend

"Um hey guys..." My brother Nate says as he walks in on Dan and I kissing. We break away in surprise and let out a nervous laugh.

"Hey little bro!" I exclaim, getting up off of Dan's lap and wrapping my brother in a tight hug.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that! Besides I'm like a foot taller than you." Nate replies, chuckling slightly.

"So what are you doing here? I thought you were at college, you know doing something with your life!" I ask, playing pushing him.

"Well my called me and said that you were at home, so I had to come visit. Plus, I have a new girlfriend that I want you guys to meet! Just don't embarrass me!" Nate exclaims, crossing his arms.

"Um have you met your sister? She's gonna embarrass you any chance you get!" Dan pipes up, laughing at what he said. Nate groans and Dan and I laugh.

"Well I should go inform Mom and Dad that she's coming. Still treating my sister right?" Nate asks before he leaves.

"Of course,  I love her man." Dan tells him truthfully, smiling up at me. I giggle and smile at him. Nate smiles us, shakes his head and then leaves.

"And I love you." I tell Dan before sitting back down on his lap and going back to what we were previously doing.

=================

"I've got it!" Nate and I both scream as the door bell rings. We look at each other before rushing out of our seats and towards the door.

I beat Nate to the door and quickly open it.

"Maddi what are you doing here?" I ask confused.

"I'm Nate's girlfriend." She responds.

Let's back it up. Maddi was apart of my so called friend group back in high school. She was there at the cabin when we though that Lexi died. After that happened we stopped talking and Mak and I moved out to London.

"What for real?!" I exclaim, pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah!" She exclaims back. Maddi takes off her shoes by the door and Nate kisses her.

"Still not used to that though." I mutter, returning to the dinner table.

"Oh Maddi this is my lovely boyfriend Daniel James Howell." I tell her, taking a hold of Dan's hand.

"Or Dan like most people call me." Dan butts in, making me smile.

"Yeah I know who you are. Lauren you to obsess over you, like a lot. And I've watched some of your videos." Maddi says to Dan, turning my cheeks bright red.

"I've heard about this so called obsession. Would you like to go further into detail?" Dan asks, looking at me.

"No she would not." I say, cutting of Maddi from going on and on about me obsessing over Dan. My parents look back and forth between us and then my dad clears his throat.

"Oh, Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Maddi. I assume you already know her but whatever." Nate explains.

"It's good to see you Maddi. We haven't seen you around since around the time of Lexi's funeral. How are you holding up?" My mom asks. Dan and I look at each other.

"I'm holding up fine. Especially since I'm with your son know." Maddi responds. I feel guilty that she doesn't know Lexi is still alive. Same goes for my parents.

"Well that's good. You keep him happy." My dad says.

"And he keeps me happy." She replies.

"This dinner is great and all but I'm full so I'm gonna head up to my room. See you all later." I announce before standing up and heading up towards my room.

"You okay baby girl?" Dan asks, standing in the door way of my room.

"I just feel really bad and I don't want to be down there any more."

"It's for the better that she doesn't know. She'll ask questions and you'll be super stressed and I don't want that for you." Dan tells me, and strokes my cheek gently. I smile and kiss him tenderly.

"Okay." I mutter, and then kiss him again.

"Do you wanna lay down and cuddle?" Dan asks sheepishly.

"I'd love them, let me get changed." I tell him. He nods and takes a seat on my bed.

"Daniel turn around." I say to him like I always do.

"Come on its not like I haven't seen it before." Dan mutters, which receives a smack with a shirt from me.

"I hate you sometimes." I tell him, laughing to myself.

"Done." I say after I finish.

"Now come here." Dan replies, opening his arms up for me. I walk over to him and climb into his arms.

"You know that I love you right?" Dan asks, poking my nose.

"I do know that. And I love you." I respond.