Chapter 38: What?

A/N: I'm sorry I'm about to do this...

"I'm glad you're feeling better Lauren." Dan comments whist I lean up against the kitchen wall.

"Yeah me too." I reply. I feel bad that I'm lying to him. But the truth is that I've still been throwing up but he's hasn't noticed much.

"So are you keeping it or?" Lydia asks, walking into the room where Dan and I are making breakfast.

"Actually Lydia you're wrong, she's not pregnant at all, it was just the stomach flu." Dan counters, smirking with satisfaction. Lydia laughs in his face and I shift uncomfortably.

"That's what she told you! Props to her for getting you to believe her." Lydia responds, a look of amusement on her face.

"What did you even come in here for anyway?" I interfere. Lydia shoots a glare my way and rolls her eyes.

"I came to tell you guys that Phil and I are inviting Mak and Kian over so we can all go over things for the wedding." Lydia tells us.

"Yeah I'm not going to that." I reply, shaking my head.

"Oh yes you are. I'll see you at 3:00." Lydia says and with that she leaves the room, going back to who knows what.

"God she's a witch with a b." Dan mutters, receiving a laugh from me.

"What does Phil see in her again?" I ask.

"God knows what." Dan replies, chuckling.

=======

"Hey Mak, Hey Kian!" Phil says when he opens the door.

"You guys brought Abby!" Dan exclaims. He rushes towards Mak who is carrying Abby and takes her from her arms. Kian looks at me and points at Dan. I smile and turn away from Kian.

"So why are we all here?" Mak asks, walking into the room and taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh Phil and I wanted to discuss somethings about the wedding with you guys." Lydia explains.

"Okay so let's get started then." Mak says.

"Guys can-" I start to say but Lydia cuts me off.

"Actually I would like to speak with Dan before we start." Lydia exclaims. Dan gives her a weird look before shrugging his shoulders.

"Alone please." Lydia adds and smiles a sickly sweet smile. I roll my eyes and the rest of shuffle out of the room.

"I wonder what she wants to talk to him about." I mutter to nobody in particular. As we wait we hear a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I say. I walk out of the room and go to the door. I shoot a quick glance at Dan and Lydia before stopping dead in my tracks. I stare as Lydia and Dan kiss.

"What the absolute hell!" I scream. Dan jolts back from the kiss and looks at me sympathetically.

"Lauren it's not what it looks like!" Dan exclaims, rushing to my side. He grabs for my hand but I smack it away.

"What's going on in here?" Phil asks coming into the room.

"Oh nothing just your fiance and my boyfriend kissing." I spit. Hurt flashes across Phil's face as he looks between Dan and Lydia.

"Dan I thought you were my friend. And Lydia, I thought you loved me. I'm, I'm calling off the wedding until further notice." Phil yells before running up to his room. Lydia looks at us before following Phil.

"Lauren please believe me when I say she kissed me. I promise you I wouldn't do that to you." Dan says.

"But did you kiss back?" I ask. When Dan is silent, I know the answer.

"Dan I love you, what did I ever do to deserve this?" I say following my previous question.

"You don't deserve this. Hell, you deserve the whole flipping world." Dan exclaims.

"And with you I could of had it! But you ruined it all Dan! And of all people, you kissed you're best friend's fiance, who we both hate! God you sicken me." I snap, stepping away from Dan and making a move for the door.

"Please don't go Lauren. I'm sorry." Dan says, his voice thick with tears.

"Sometimes sorry can't fix all of your mistakes." I reply, tears trickling down my face.

"That's just it! A mistake. Trust me when I say this." Dan exclaims. A few tears escape his eyes and fall down his cheeks.

"You could of held me in your arms forever Dan, but it still wouldn't of been long enough." I say just before I open the door. Standing in the door frame is Shawn. He looks at Dan and I and our tear stricken faces. I push my way past him but before I can, Shawn grabs my arm.

"Don't." I say. I walk down the hallway and go to my way to the elevator. But once I'm around the corner, I burst into uncontrollable sobs.

What am I going to do now? I'm pregnant and I pretty much just broke up with the father of my child. And he doesn't even know.

I was planning on telling him tonight, but Lydia ruined it all. Maybe this was her plan after all. To get close with all of us just to tear us all down. Poor Phil didn't deserve this. Both of us didn't. The only ones to blame are Dan and Lydia.

========

I said I was sorry! This was such a hard chapter to write because I don't want them to break up:( But they had to. Don't forget to vote!:p ~ Lauren aka Applejack131