Chapter 22: LA

*a few months later

Dan and I step off the plane, and walk into the Los Angeles Airport.

"Man it feels good to be back!" I exclaim, stretching my arms.

"Ditto, it's so cold in London!" Dan agrees, wrapping an arm around me.

"Lauren! Dan!" A voice yells from ahead of us. We look up and see Kian and Mak standing there.

"Mak!" I yell, running into her open arms.

"I missed you!" I exclaim, letting go of her and giving Kian a hug.

"Good to see you again Lauren. You too Dan." Kian says, shaking hands with Dan.

"You being good to her?" Mak asks Dan. Dan nods his head, looking nervous.

"He's been wonderful. I mean we love each other." I say, giving Dan a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay love birds, we gotta get going!"
Mak says, taking ahold of my hand and dragging me towards the exit.

"Wait where are we going?" I exclaim, trying to keep up with Mak.

"To our house!" She says like it's obvious.

"Help Dan she's going crazy!" I scream and laugh at the same time.

"Yeah she's the crazy one." Dan says from behind me.

"Oh shush!" I say back, giggling.

We eventually make it to their car and get inside.

"Who wants music?" Mak asks, weighing her phone.

"Joey Graceffa!" I exclaim, grabbing her phone from her hands and playing Don't Wait.

And cue the part where Mak and I sing together without missing a beat.

When the song finishes, Dan and Kian give us weird looks.

"I may like Joey Graceffa a bit too much, and I never got to meet him at Vidcon so..." I say, laughing guiltily.

"Well it's a good thing he lives in LA with his boyfriend Daniel!" Mak says, smiling.

"Wait? JANIEL IS REAL?! I KNEW IT!" I scream, stomping my feet. This causes more weird looks from Kian and Dan.

"Oh come on Dan, you should know me by now, I'm obsessed with YouTube!" I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Oh I know. I'm just shocked every time you fangirl." Dan replies, chuckling.

We pull up to a nice house with a few cars in the driveway.

"Welcome to the Lawley, Caylen and Minnaar household!" Kian exclaims, parking his car. We pile out of the car and head inside.

"Dan there's a pool! When was the last time we went swimming? It was ages ago!" I exclaim, following Mak to a bedroom.

"You guys can stay here!" Mak says, opening a door. Dan and I set our stuff on the bed.

"I'm going swimming, Dan you joining?" I ask, taking a bathing suit out of my suitcase.

"Of course, I need to tan, I'm so pale!" Dan says dramatically.

"You're such a teenage girl!" I laugh, slapping him with my bikini. Dan chuckles and kisses me sweetly.

I turn around and start to get change.

"Dan you better not be watching. We've been over with before." I say, putting my bottoms on.

"I swear I'm not." Dan replies. I slide my top over my head and put the top of my bikini on.

"Dan you ready?" I ask, before turning around.

"Yep." Dan responds. I turn around and I'm faces with a red faced Dan Howell.

"You were so watching." I say, crossing my arms and laughing. I take a towel from the bathroom and head outside.

I set my stuff on a chair and Dan does the same.

"Race you to the pool!" I scream, running to the pool and jumping in. When I resurface, Dan is still out of the pool, watching me in amusement.

"I thought you were coming?" I say, pouting.

"Well I didn't think you were going to go in since most girls don't like going swimming." Dan explains.

"Well I'm not like most girls." I reply, resting my arms on the side of the pool.

"You certainly are not. Now move out of the way, I'm coming in!" Dan yells, jumping into the pool. I giggle at his actions.

"Hey babe." I say when Dan resurfaces.

"Hey cutie." Dan replies, wrapping his arms around me. I kiss him softly on the lips but the kiss is interrupted by the one and only, Kian Lawley.

"Here I come!" Kian yells from inside. He runs outside and jumps into the pool.

"Hey where's Mak?" I ask, looking at him.

"What no, hey Kian how are you?" Kian asks, placing a hand over his heart.

"Sorry. Hey Kian how are you? Now where's Mak?" I say. Kian gives me a death stare and then laughs.

"She's inside I think. She didn't want to go swimming." Kian explains. I nod my head.

"That's weird. She usually loves swimming. I'm gonna go talk to her." I reply, removing myself from Dan's grip. I pull myself out of the pool and wrap myself in a towel.

"Don't be too long!" Dan calls as I walk away.

"I won't I promise!" I say, laughing.

I walk up stairs to Mak's room, calling her name.

I knock on her door and when nobody answers, I let myself in. I see Mak shaking slightly, with her face in her hands.

"Hey Mak! What's wrong?" I exclaim, taking a seat on the bed next to her.

"God I screwed up so bad Lauren. I screwed up so bad." Mak cries. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her towards me.

"It can't be that bad." I say, trying to be comforting.

"Everyone's going to hate me. God I screwed up." Mak says quietly.

"Nobody is going to hate you. Just tell me what you did. And I'll help you through it." I reply, running my hand up and down her arm.

"You won't want to help me." Mak sobs.

"Yes I will I'm your best friend. Just please tell me." I respond. Mak nods her head and takes a deep breath.

"Lauren, I-I'm pregnant."

=========

Cliff hanger! I'll try and update soon! I hope you enjoy this chapter! ~ Lauren aka Applejack131