Chapter 45: Baby Howell/ Epilogue

"Where the hell is Dan?!" I exclaim, feeling myself go into a state of panic.

"He went to get a bottle of water, he said he would be right back." Mak replies calmly, rubbing my shoulder gently.

"Well he better get his ass back in here before I start pushing or all hell with break lose." I mutter, taking in a deep breath.

"Seriously calm down! Everything's going to be fine! He'll be back soon! God, pregnant women!" Mak tells me. She sighs and runs her hand through her hair.

"God, pregnant women!" I mock Mak, receiving an eye roll from her.

"Hey, I remember when you were pregnant and you acted the same way. Don't be a hypocrite!" I say, trying hard to act serious. It didn't really work.

I'm not gonna lie, I was freaking out. I wasn't hoping to go all natural with my birth. And I wasn't hoping for Dan to leave the room right before I was about to start giving birth.

Eventually a nurse approaches me and I already know exactly what she's going to say.

"Okay Lauren we're going to have you to start pushing." A nurse tells me. Ah yep, I was correct.

"Mak where is Dan?!" I panic, not caring if I'm being loud. Mak winces at my voice.

"I'm right here!" Dan exclaims, walking into the room with his hands held up.

"Oh you think you're so sly, walking out of the room before I'm about to give birth!" I exclaim, reaching my hand out for Dan to take ahold of. Dan looks over at Mak with confusion before taking my hand.

"She has to start pushing." Mak explains. Dan's confusion quickly turns to fear when he hears this news.

"Wait what? I'm not ready to be a Dad. No no no, this can't be happening already!" Dan mutters, more to himself than anyone else.

"Dan do you think I'm ready? We're going to be okay, we're going to be great parents. Just don't let go of my hand, even if it starts to hurt you." I respond, trying to calm him down. Dan looks at me with a form of ease and nods his head. Here goes nothing.

======

"I hate you for making me go through that." I tell Dan, cradling my, yet to be named, baby in my arms.

"Hey at least it's over with and now we have a beautiful baby girl in your arms." Dan coos, wrapping his arm around my back.

"It's okay that I hate you for making me go through that. I love you and you love me, so it makes up for it." I reply, nuzzling my head into his shoulder.

"You're such a dork," Dan says, running his fingers through my hair and kissing my forehead.

"I could not be happier right now. I have my wife and my new baby girl in her arms sitting right in front of me, I have a successful job that I love and I have great friends that surround me." Dan states, a smile playing across his lips.

"You're such a sap!" I exclaim, yet my heart is warmed by his words. I agree with him though, I couldn't be happier either. Everything has fallen into place, it might of been a rough journey getting here, but we finally arrived.

"What're are we going to name her?" Dan asks, stroking my arms softly.

"I was thinking of naming her Alexandra. Do you like it?" I reply, looking up to meet Dan's eyes. He gives a small nod and smiles at me.

"It's perfect. And you still want Mak and Phil to be her Godparents?" Dan questions.

"Of course! Alexandra Elizabeth Howell."

======

"Oh Mak and Phil we forgot to tell you!" I exclaim as I walk through the door of the apartment.

"Actually she wanted to wait until we were home to tell you. She's just trying to play it off." Dan tells them, coming from up behind me. I roll my eyes, but laugh anyway.

"Well tell us!" Mak responds, excitement lacing her voice.

"Dan and I decided to make you and Phil, Alex's Godparents!" I say, a smile etching across my face.

"No you didn't." Mak says in disbelief, while Phil stands in shock.

"But we did!" I reply. Mak squeals before wrapping her arms around me, careful not to squish the baby. I soon feel another pair of arms wrap around my back, who happened to belong to Phil.

"I want to join the group hug!" Dan calls, and then wraps his arms around all 4 of us.

"Thank you Lauren!" Phil and Mak exclaim at the same time. They look at each other before bursting out in laughter.

I could get used to this. All of us being happy and not having a worry in the world.

======

THE END

I actually can't believe that's the end of this book. Like I kind of want to cry. I've been writing this book for more than a year and now it's finally over. It was longer than I intended it to be as well. I might go back and edit it some time but idk.

If you must know, I'm going to start a new fanfiction called Outcasts about Michael Clifford. I think it will be some of my better writing, I'd like to think I've grown as a writer over the years.

I want to thank you guys for reading this story, I'm very proud of London Love. It was my very first story and it wasn't that bad. If you guys were around since the beginning, I want to give a special thanks for giving this book a chance! If you are new, I still thank you for reading this book!

That's all for now. See you guys soon! ~ Lauren aka Applejack131