Chapter 43: Mom's Calling

"Dan my mom's calling!" I yell from the bedroom. Dan was in the bathroom, while I was still laying in bed.

"Lauren, you're going to have to talk to her at some point. Plus, she's being invited to the wedding so she needs to know so we can start sending out invitations!" Dan yells back. I groan and hover my thumb over the green answer button.

It's been about 2 months since Lydia left, making it September. I was 3 months into my pregnancy as well. Dan wanted to have a winter wedding and wanted to have it before the baby is born so we're having it in late January. It isn't going to be a big wedding, we're only inviting close family and friends.

"Hi mom!" I answer through gritted teeth. Dan pokes his head out of the bathroom and gives me a thumbs up.

"Thank goodness Lauren! I was starting to worry about you. You were never answering my calls and I thought something had happened to you. It's good to hear your voice!" My mom exclaims. I feel a little guilty for not answering the phone, but I was scared to face her.

"Um listen mom, while I've got you on the phone I want to tell you something." I tell her, nervously biting my nail slightly. Dan must of heard what I said because he comes out of the bathroom and takes a seat next to me. He runs his fingers gently over my back, trying to sooth me.

"Go ahead you can tell me anything honey!" My mom replies. I take in a deep breath and Dan gives me a reassuring look.

"Dan and I are engaged!" I cheer, biting my lip, nervous for her answer.

"Oh honey that's amazing! Do you guys have a date?" My mom exclaims. I smile and reach for Dan's hand and squeeze it.

"Yeah it's January 25th." I respond.

"Aw that's perfect!" My mom says. I'm glad she's happy that Dan and I are getting married. But who knows what she'll say when she finds out I'm pregnant.

"Yeah that's all I wanted to tell you so I'll- ow!" I start to say but Dan elbows me softly in the side. I give him a death stare and he just smiles.

"Actually, I have something else to tell you." I admit. Dan now squeezes my hand.

"Okay tell me." My mom says.

"I'm, um, I'm pregnant..." I tell her, trailing off. The line is silent for a little bit before she replies.

"Does Dan know?"

"Yeah he does. We're going to raise this child together as a family. The baby is due almost a month after the wedding." I explain to her. Dan continues to rub my back while I wait for a reply.

"That's really great Lauren. I'm really happy for you. If I was there in London I would hug you. Just know that your dad and I love you." My mom tells me. A smile spreads across my face and I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I love you guys too." I say, tears now coming now my face.

"I have to get going sweetie. You're brother just came home with his girlfriend. Keep me updated and send me ultrasounds and what not!" My mom exclaims.

"Okay I will! Bye!" I reply. My mom says goodbye as well and we hang out.

"I'm proud of you." Dan tells me, wiping the tears from my eyes. I smile and he kisses me on the nose.

"Thank god that went well. She could've disowned me or something." I says, leaning into Dan's touch.

"She wouldn't of disowned you. She's your mother. I've met her and I can tell her and your dad love you, and I knew she wouldn't of done that to you. Plus, you're 22, it's not like your 16 and still in high school." Dan tells me. I nod my head in agreement. I don't reply and we sit in a comfortable silence. Dan fiddles with my fingers and the only sound in the room was our breathing.

"Can I talk to them?" Dan asks suddenly, a small blush on his cheeks. I nod my head and Dan bends down in front of me.

"Hi little Howell baby, it's your daddy here. We don't know if your a boy or a girl yet but we're excited to find out. Mommy and I love you very much and we can't wait for you to be here." Dan says quietly close to my slightly enlarged stomach. He rests his hands on my stomach and glides his fingers across its surface.

"You're going to have the best time growing up too. And if we're lucky, you will have some brother or sisters to play with." Dan now whispers. I playfully hit his shoulder and he laughs.

"I don't want to think about more yet! I'm only 3 months pregnant with this one Daniel." I exclaim, but still had a smile on my face.

"I'm sorry your mommy is so hormonal while pregnant too." Dan mutters, earning another slap from me.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I still love you babe." Dan tells me, standing back up and taking a seat next to me.

"And I still love you." I reply, kissing him gently. Dan rests a hand on my shoulder and tries to deepen the kiss but I stop him. Dan groans and falls back against the bed.

"Sorry, love." I say, mocking him. Dan rolls his eyes and pulls me down so I'm laying next to him.

"I'm super super excited to have this baby and get married to you." Dan says after a few minutes.

"I am too. I mean child birth is gonna hurt like hell, but it will be worth it." I reply, smiling sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I'll be there the entire time. I will not pull a Kian and not be in the room until like the very last second." Dan responds.

"Good!" I say, resting my head on Dan's chest.

======

Haha another update!:) I'm sad this story is going to be ending soon! I hope you guys are enjoying it! ~ Lauren aka Applejack131