Chapter 28: Good News

"The baby was not harmed, but Makayla does have a few minor bruises. Nothing that a little time can't fix." The doctor tells us. I release the breath I was holding. 

"Thank you Doc." Kian says, rubbing circles on Mak's hand. 

"You're welcome." The doctor replies, before exiting the room. 

 "I guess we just wait until she wakes up and then we can leave." Kian tells us. I mutter an 'okay', and rest my head on Dan's shoulder. Dan wraps an arm around my waist. 

"So, you said Mak and Lydia were fighting, what exactly happened?" Dan asks. 

"I don't know, I was in our room working on a new video and I heard more than one voice coming from the living room. I just assumed it was Lauren. But then I heard screaming and I went outside to find Mak unconscious, with Lydia standing above her. Then Lydia saw me and ran out of the room. And that's all I know." Kian responds, running his hand through his hair. 

"It's all my fault. If I would of seen what was going on sooner, I could of prevented it. She could of lost this child and it could've been because of me." Kian says, tears falling from his eyes. He puts his head in hands and let's out a little sob.

"Kian none of this is your fault. It's Lydia's. Like it always has." I reply, taking a hold of Kian's hand that isn't holding Mak's. 

"Guys?" Mak croaks. We turn our heads in her direction.

"Mak!" I exclaim, getting up and throwing my arms around her. 

"We get it you're best friends. Now let me hug my girlfriend!" Kian groans, pushing me off of her. Kian wraps his arms around her. I mentally 'aw' at this, but then they started kissing.

"Not when we are around guys!" I say, giggling slightly.

"Sorry, but you guys do it too. Remember the plane ride?" Mak says, bringing up when Dan and I kept kissing on the plane to annoy her.

"True, true. But seriously guys let's get going. I hate hospitals." I reply, crossing my arm over my chest. 

"Yeah let's get going, you're already discharged." Kian tells Mak. Mak nods her head and tries to get out of bed. 

"Little help here? I'm pregnant you know." Mak complains. We all laugh, but Kian was the only nice one and helped her up. 

=========

"Do we have to go into the apartment? Can't we just stay at Mak and Kian's place?" I ask Dan, trying to give him puppy eyes.

"We are going to have to face them one way or another. Might as well do it now." Dan tells me. 

"Okay." I say, rolling my eyes. Dan chuckles and kisses me lightly. He then unlocks the door and lets us into our apartment. We walk up the long set of stairs and I want to gag at what I see. 

"Hey guys..." Dan says, breaking Phil and Lydia away from their "makeout session". 

"Where have you been Dan I've been so worried! Lydia came back here and said that Mak hurt her." Phil exclaims.

"Are you actually kidding me right now? We were just at the hospital with Mak because Lydia knocked her out. She could of hurt the baby." Dan snaps.

"Daniel don't lie to me, all know that's not true." Phil snaps back.

"God I wish I was lying. Your so called girlfriend intentionally hurt Mak. I'm sick of you taking her side. Why would we lie about going to the hospital? We were supposed to be back here at 10:00 and now it's almost midnight. Why can't you just once, see the horrible person you have become. And it's all Lydia's fault." Dan yells at Phil. For a quick second, I see sadness in his eyes. But then Lydia had to start the waterworks and it changed to anger. 

"I don't want you living here any more!" Phil spits, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You can't kick me out. This apartment is under my name!" Dan spits back.

"Fine we'll just leave!" Phil replies sharply. 

"Phil babe, we shouldn't be the ones to leave. They're the ones that always blame us." Lydia says, her sickly sweet voice ringing in my ears.

"I know we shouldn't. But I need to get away for a few days, we can just stay at the hotel down the street." Phil responds, taking Lydia's hand and dragging her to his room. 

"Well, that was... eventful." I state, sitting down on the couch. Dan sits beside me and lets out a deep breath.

"She's playing him so well. God it makes me sick. What happened to my best friend, Lauren? The one that always stayed by my side, the one who was kind to people, even when they don't deserve it, the one who gentle with everything, like it was going to break?" Dan whispers, putting his head in his hands. 

"Life has never been kind to us has it?" I say, rubbing my hand on Dan's back.

"I guess not. I just want my best friend back." Dan replies. 

"I know. He's still in there, I'm sure of it." I respond, trying to choose my words very carefully.

"Well isn't that just sweet!" Lydia sneers, walking into the room.

"My God, what do you want now?" I groan.

"Just to remind you that I have Phil wrapped around my little finger. He would do anything for me, so I would watch out." Lydia says, laughing darkly. Her laugh quickly changes to a bubbly fake one as soon as she hears Phil.

"Come on Lyd, let's get out of here." Phil tells her as he walks in the room.

"Okay baby." Lydia says, running a hand across his jawline. Phil stiffens and swallows. Lydia leans over whispering in his ear. Phil's face turns a little pink and Lydia giggles. 

"B-bye." Phil stutters and follows Lydia down the stairs. 

"Well at least we won't have to deal with them for a little bit. God knows what they're up to." I mutter, resting my head on Dan's chest. 

"Movie night?" Dan asks, wrapping both arms around me.

"Yes, I would love that!" I exclaim, kissing him. Dan mumbles an 'I love you' against my lips and I say it back. 

Our lives would be so much easier without Lydia.