Chapter 33: Back Home

"Are you sure you're going to be alright with me gone?" I ask Mak as I lean against the doorway.

"Yes for the hundredth time, I'll be fine! Besides I have Kian here!" Mak replies.

"Okay!" I mutter.

"You all ready babe?" Dan asks, coming up behind me.

"Yeah. We'll see you in a week Mak!" I say before giving Mak a hug.

"Bye!" Mak calls as we walk out the door. We head to the elevator and wait for it to come.

"So we're meeting your parents at the airport?" Dan asks, as we step into the elevator.

"Yeah they should be there." I respond. Dan groans and mutters a few profanities.

"What?" I ask, giggling slightly.

"Well if your parents are there, I can't do this." Dan says, before pushing me gently against the wall and kissing me tenderly.

"Well you can't don't that on the plane anyway." I reply, before Dan placing his lips back on mine. The elevator opens and we quickly break apart.

"Well that sucks."

===========

"Hey Mom, Hey Dad!" I say, giving them each a hug.

"Ready to head back to Michigan? The weather's doing great! Around mid 30s!" My mom responds. Dan stiffs beside me and I chuckle.

"It's a joke Dan! It's June!" I tell him. Dan relaxes a little and let's out a small laugh.

"Flight number 34 now boarding!" The flight attendant speaks across the loud speaker.

"That'll be us!" My Dad states. We gather up our stuff and start to make our way to the plane entrance.

When we get to our seats, me Dad tells us how we're sitting.

"Okay so it's Lauren at window, and  Kendra next to her. Across from that row is me on the outside and then Dan in the middle."

"Are you actually serious?!" Dan groans next to me, but not loud enough for my parents to here.

"We can be separated for the flight. Love you Dan." I reply, trying not to show annoyance on my face.

"Love you Lauren." Dan says, and then rolls his eyes. I quickly peck him on the cheek and then slide into my seat.

"This should be interesting." My mom comments as she looks at Dan and my Dad.

"Tell me about it." I respond before pulling headphones out of my bag and putting them in my ear.

============

"That was awful." Dan tells me as we exit the plane.

"It couldn't of been that bad Dan." I chuckle. Dan wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close as we walk.

"Yes it was. The whole plan ride I had to listen to your dad telling me that I better treat you right and better not hurt you." Dan replies.

"That's what dad's do, he's just looking out for me." I tell him. I peck him on the cheek and smile up at him.

"I know, I know, but it was annoying! But don't worry, I'll always treat you right and I'll never hurt you." Dan says gently, staring into my eyes. This would of been a perfect moment but it was soon ruined when Dan and I ran straight into the back of some random people.

"Sorry!" We both exclaim before scurrying away, laughing as we go.

"Finally you guys caught up to us! We got your luggage because you took so long!" My mom says sternly. Dan and I look at each other before we burst out laughing. My parents roll their eyes and let out a small chuckle.

"Alright you two, grab your bags and let's head out of here!" My dad tells us. Dan and I calm ourselves, even though it was difficult, grab our bags and start walking towards the exit.

============

"Nice place you got here. It's very cute!" Dan says to me as we exit the car.

"Don't ever say that again." I tell him before laughing.

"Mak's old house is across the street. We had some pretty good years growing up." I say to Dan, smiling at the memories.

"Come on let's bring our bags inside." I exclaim, taking my bags out of the trunk and walking to house.

"Well are you coming?!" I yell at Dan as I stand at the front door.

"I'm coming!" Dan yells back. Dan follows me into the house and up the stairs.

"This is my old room!" I exclaim, setting down my stuff on my bed.

"It's- never mind." Dan starts but then stops when I glare at him.

"Set your stuff down, I wanna take you out! And for once I'll get to drive!" I tell Dan. I grab his hand and drag him out the house.

"Okay first thing first I'm starving we're going somewhere to eat and then I'll show you around."

"I'm game for whatever!" Dan replies.

=========

"And this is my old high school. You're looking at a 4.0 student that did nothing with her life!" I state, as I climb out of the car and start walking towards the entrance.

"Where are you going?" Dan asks suspiciously.

"Inside silly! Come on they all know I'm coming! I called them earlier!" I reply, walking back to Dan and putting my hand in my mine.

"Let's go!" I exclaim loudly, making him flinch.

"You're annoying." Dan mutters.

"Good, I was trying to act like you today!" I respond, trying to keep a straight face but failing.

"Lauren is that you?" Someone says from in front of us.

"Hi Mr. Belding!" I exclaim, a smile forming on my face. "It's good to be back!"

"It's good to see you back here! Plus a bunch of the students are excited to see you and Dan." Mr. Belding tells us.

"Follow me inside, they're waiting!" He says. We follow after him but Dan grabs my arm playfully.

"You did not just do this!" Dan says, chuckling slightly.

"I did! Besides we're famous, well you are I'm not that really. It'll be fun!" I tell Dan, hoping he'll just go with it.

"Okay fine." Dan gives in and I smile.

"Good." I reply. We walk into the building and we are met by a bunch of screaming girls and I think some guys.

"Okay not fine." Dan whispers and I just laugh.

*********

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I promise I'll try and update as much as possible! Thanks for all the reads! ~ Lauren aka Applejack131.