Chapter 18: Christmas Party

Side by side, we enter the  conference room that Zoe and Alfie had booked for the Christmas Party. Right away I notice Zoe's petite figure talking with Niomi. 

"Zoe!" I call out, waving my arm to get her attention. She turns her head in the direction of the sound. Her eyes fall on me, her mouth moving into a smile.

"Lauren! It's great to see you again!" Zoe exclaims, pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her small body and she whispers in my ear, "love the dress." I laugh and whisper back, "it was Mak's idea." She pulls back exceedingly quick at the sound of Mak's name. She looks behind me and spots Mak. She lets a small squeal escapes her mouth. 

"Mak! You're back in England! How long are you staying?" Zoe squeals, now pulling Mak into a hug. 

"Kian and I are staying until New Years!" Mak says. Zoe claps her hands in excitement. 

"We have to collab then!" Zoe exclaims. Mak and I nod our heads. 

"Well enjoy the party, I'm sure we'll see each other in a little bit! And good to see you Dan and Kian!" Zoe says, before walking off into the crowd of people. 

"We should see if Phil's here!" Dan states, nodding in the direction of the crowd of people. I nod my head in agreement. I grasp Dan's hand and we walk into the crowd. 

Dan and I look around for Phil, occasionally being stopped to catch up with some of the youtubers. 

"Well he's obviously not here yet." I say, after 10 minutes of looking. 

"I guess not. You wanna dance?" Dan asks, gesturing to the dance floor, where people have started to dance. I respond with a smile. Dan returns the smile and leads me onto the dance floor. 

Songs later, we are both a little out of breath and are almost done dancing. But as we go to leave,  a slow song comes on, bringing us back. I wrap my arms around Dan's neck and Dan places his hand on my hips. We sway slightly to the music. 

Dan takes a hand off my hip and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear that had fallen in my face. 

"Man I love you." Dan whispers. 

"And I love you." I respond. I place a kiss on his cheek and see him smiling cheekily.

"You missed a spot." Dan says, pointing to his lips. I laugh at his cheesiness and plant a kiss on his lips. 

A voice clears their throat behind me, causing us to stop kissing. Dan's eyes fall onto the person and his face etches into a smile. 

"Phil!" Dan exclaims. We drop our arms from each other and I turn around to face Phil. 

"Hey Dan." Phil says, feeling awkward for interrupting us.

"I saw you guys dancing and I thought I would stop and let you know I'm here." Phil explains. We nod our heads in understatement. 

"Phil babe, do you wanna dance?" A familiar blonde says, coming up behind Phil and placing a hand on Phil's shoulder. 

"Sure babe. Guys this is Lydia. We're dating." Phil tells us. My eyes fall on Lydia and I instantly know why she is familiar. Mak and I met her to trying to get into Dan and Phil's apartment when we went to go see them. She's crazy.

"That's great Phil!" Dan exclaims, patting him on the shoulder. 

"I'm going to find Mak, congrats Phil!" I says, removing myself from the uncomfortable conversation. 

I find Mak in a matter of minutes, talking to Jim and Tanya, with Kian close by her side. 

"Mak can I talk to you? Sorry for interrupting." I interrupt. Mak nods her hand and I grab her arm and lead her away from everyone. 

"What is it?" Mak asks. 

"You know that crazy fangirl we met when we went to go see Dan and Phil at their apartment?" I ask.

"Of course I do, it was an odd situation." Mak says. 

"Well her and Phil are dating." I tell her. And I'm being serious when I say, Mak's mouth literally drops open.

"How do they not see she's crazy?" Mak exclaims.

"I don't know but I have a bad feeling about this." I state. Mak nods her head in agreement. 

"Well I'm going back to find Dan. I'll talk to you later." I say. I turn around and go to find Dan but am quickly stopped. 

"Hey Lauren. Remember me?" A voice says stopping me in my tracks. Lydia.

"Of course I do. You are crazy." I tell her, not really caring what comes out of my mouth. 

"Well this "crazy" girl is dating Phil. I have plans and I will not let you ruin them." Lydia spits. 

"Are you threatening me? Because I can easily tell Phil you're a crazy fangirl." I throw in her face.

"If you even try, I will end your relationship with Dan." Lydia throws back. 

"Like you can do that. We love each other." I reply, almost laughing this. 

"I have my ways. Like you said, I'm a crazy fangirl and I will do anything to get my way. Have a nice night Lauren." Lydia says. She turns on her heels and walks away to, I'm assuming Phil. I shake her off but her threat makes me not want to tell Phil right now. 

I find Dan and I can tell that he knows something's up with me. 

"What's wrong babe?" Dan asks. 

"Nothing, never been better!" I say, flat out lying to him. This is something I just need to keep to myself. For now. 

Dan gives me a weird look, but shakes it off. 

"Let's just go find something to drink." I state, intertwining our hands. 

"Okay." Dan says, agreeing. 

"Man girls are weird." Dan mutters under his breath. 

"Heard that. And I'm weirder than your average bear." I reply, smiling.

"Bear?" Dan asks, laughing slightly.

"It's a Yogi Bear reference. It's from America." I say.

"This is why I love you."