Chapter 37: Confrontation

"That did not just happen." I mutter as soon as the nurse leaves the room. I tug my knees close to my chest and rest my head on my knees. 

"Lauren, you have to tell Dan!" Kian exclaims. I feel a few tears roll down my cheeks and I shake my head no.

"I can't, he would absolutely flip if I told him. He has told me so many times that he doesn't want children any time soon." I explain. I put my head in my hands and Kian rubs my back comfortably. 

"He will understand, trust me. I didn't want to have children right now either but here I am with a baby girl and I couldn't be happier." Kian tells me, making me feel a little bit better. 

"Just give me some time." I state. I push myself up off of the chair. 

"Don't wait to long." Kian says, crossing his arms. 

"I won't," I reply. Sorry Kian but I might be lying.

"Come on let's get going, I can't stand being in here anymore." I say.

"Alright, let's get you home." Kian responds, placing a hand on my back and leading me out the room.

=======

"Hey babe." Dan says when I open the door. I look over and see him hunched over his computer. 

"Hello Daniel." I respond before walking over to him and kissing him on the cheek.

"Where'd you run off to?" Dan asks, taking his focus off his computer and looking at me. 

"I was just at Mak's." I lie. I give Dan a nervous smile and he gives me a weird look.

"Oh okay." Dan replies and then gives me a kiss on the lips. 

"You better not get me sick." Dan says when we break the kiss. 

"Don't worry I won't." I say. I feel bad for not telling him. 

"Hey Danny." Lydia's voice rings in the room. I mentally gag. Dan rolls his eyes and gives me another kiss. She scoffs at us kissing and I flip her off. 

"What a nice girlfriend you've got there." Phil comments. 

"Phil please don't start not today." Dan says, looking paranoid. 

"Hey I didn't say anything bad, I was just complimenting her." Phil replies, putting his hands up.

"What happened the old Phil?" Dan mutters sadly. I wrap my arm around Dan's waist and lean my head on his shoulder comfortingly. 

"I'm right here, where I've been the whole time. But why don't you ask Lauren what happened to the old Lauren?" Phil fires back. I perk my head up, confused at where this conversation is going. 

"Excuse me Phil?" I ask, interfering in their conversation. 

"Don't act innocent. Dan how could you not catch on? Lauren's been throwing up the past few days, isn't that at least a little bit suspicious?" Phil replies, smirking like he has the upper hand advantage. I feel the blood drain from my face. He seriously can't be doing this right now. 

"Lauren, what the absolute hell is he talking about?" Dan exclaims, raising his voice.

"I have no idea Dan!" I respond. 

"I'll let you two work this out, come on Lyd." Phil says. He wraps an arm around Lydia and leads her out of the room, leaving Dan and I alone. 

"Lauren you're not preg-" I cut Dan off before he could go on any further. 

"Of course I'm not! Dan I told you it's the stomach flu!" I exclaim. This can't be happening. 

"How do you know that!" Dan yells, making me flinch. 

"Because I went to the doctor!" I yell back. 

"When!" Dan replies.

"I didn't go to Mak's earlier. I went to the doctor's and I promise you it's the stomach flu." I say. I turn away from Dan and gently sob. 

"Thank god." Dan mutters before realizing that I'm crying. 

"Hey princess, I'm sorry I didn't believe you." Dan mumbles. He wraps his arms around me and I continue to cry. Except I'm not crying because he didn't believe me. I'm crying because I lied to him. That was my chance to tell him...

"Even if you were pregnant, I would still stand by you." Dan whispers close to my ear, making my heart break. I should've just told him.  

"I love you." I mutter. I lean in and kiss him tenderly.

"I love you, too." Dan replies. I frown a little at his words but I shrug it off. 

=======

"He gave you the chance to explain yourself and you lied?! That was your chance Lauren, why didn't you tell him?!" Kian exclaims. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh.

"He seemed so angry at me and I didn't know what to do, so I lied! I was scared and I didn't want him to leave me." I manage to get out before I burst in tears. Kian is quickly at my side and rubs my back gently. 

"He would never leave you Lauren, you have to trust me. It's okay that you didn't tell him, but you can't wait forever." Kian says, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"I know I can't. My god I should've just told him." I reply, putting my head in my heads.

"It's going to be okay Lauren, I promise. Everything is going to be okay."

=======

Hope you guys are enjoying this story, it's getting pretty intense!