Chapter 36: Surprise

Mak bends down beside me as I throw up in the toilet. She rubs my back gently as I empty the contents of my stomach.

"Lauren this is like the 4th time this week that you've thrown up, are you sure you're okay?" Mak asks me. I nod my head and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Yeah I'm fine, just the stomach flu that's all." I tell her before standing up and brushing my teeth.

"Well maybe you should see a doctor?" Mak suggests. I shake my head no.

"I told you I'm fine. It'll pass I promise. I'll just go take some Advil or something." I say. I walk past her and make my way downstairs. I look through the medicine cabinet and find a bottle of Advil. I take two capsules and swallow them.

"You still not feeling well babe?" Dan asks entering the kitchen. I nod and lean my head on Dan's chest.

"I'm up for a cuddle if you are?" Dan says, running his hand through my hair.

"Most definitely." I mutter, intertwining our fingers together.

"Ew sick people." Lydia mumbles under her breath entering the room. I could probably throw up at the sight of her. Even better, throw up on her.

"Ew fake people." I reply, making Dan chuckle. Lydia scoffs and flips her hair over her shoulder.

"Come on beautiful," Dan whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I comply and follow Dan to our room where we lay in bed.

"I'm sorry you don't feel good." Dan says. I rest my head on his shoulder and smile.

"It's not your fault." I respond.

"I know but I don't like seeing my princess hurt." Dan states. I blush at his statement. Dan sees me blushing and kisses both of my cheeks.

"Gosh you're so cute." Dan mutters, making my cheeks flush again. Dan laughs and kisses me on the forehead.

"Thank you for making me feel better Dan." I tell him, smiling at him gratefully.

"How'd I get so lucky?" Dan whispers, holding me close to his chest.

"I could say the same thing about you." I reply. I breath in Dan's scent as I bury my face in his chest.

"Trust me, I'm the lucky one. Have you seen yourself? You're so beautiful inside and out. You've got those cute little freckles on your nose and I could stare into your eyes for hours on end. And don't forget, you've gotta really cute bum too." Dan tells me. I mentally aw at his words.

"Stop it! You're making me blush again!" I exclaim, giggling.

"And not to mention, you're pretty gosh darn adorable." Dan says.

Eventually we are able to stop talking with each and get some shut eye. But not for long.

"Oh I'm gonna be sick." I mutter, removing myself from Dan's grasp and running towards the bathroom where I puke again.

"Mak's right maybe you should see a doctor." Dan says coming up behind me. He holds my hair back gently.

"No I don't need to see a doctor, it'll pass just give a few days." I tell him. I flush the toilet and brush my teeth.

"And you're stubborn, don't forget stubborn." Dan mumbles, earning a playful elbow in the side from me.

"Let's just go lay back down." I say, going to push past him but he grabs my waist before I can so.

"I love you, you know that right?" Dan exclaims. He places one hand on my cheek and smiles at me.

"I do babe and I love you." I state. Dan sighs and kisses me on the nose.

======

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I mutter before knocking on the apartment door. I hear shuffling around inside before Kian opens the door.

"Thank god it's you." I say, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Hey Lauren, you alright? You seem a little flustered. Do you want me to go get Mak?" Kian asks, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"No that's fine. I'm actually here to ask you a favor." I reply, fiddling with my fingers. Kian nods his head, signaling for me to go on.

"I need you to take me to the doctor." I say. I look hopefully at Kian, who has his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Yeah I guess, come on." Kian responds, quickly ushering me out the door.

"You're not going to ask me why or anything?" I ask. Kian shakes his head no.

"Well for starters you've asked me to take you instead of your boyfriend or your bestfriend, so it must be pretty important. Plus I've learned from Mak you just don't ask questions." Kian explains. I laugh a little at his explanation and then follow him out he door.

======

Kian and I wait patiently as we wait for the doctor to come back.

"Is it bad that I feel nervous?" I ask looking over at Kian.

"Nah, I bet your fine." Kian replies, giving my hand a comforting squeeze.

"Ms DeRose?" A nurse says, walking in the room. Kian and I perk our heads up.

"All of your test results came back negative except for one." The nurse states. I lean forward in my seat, anticipating what she is going to say.

"Congratulations Ms DeRose you're pregnant!"