Chapter 12: The Date Take 2

*Lauren's POV*

I sit on the bed scrolling through my Twitter feed. I received an overwhelming amount of positive tweets about Dan and I. I couldn't be any happier with this. I was scared they would all hate me, but they don't! I mean there is the occasional hate comment, but compared to the positives, it's nothing.

"Hey Lauren, you don't have a signing or panel tonight do you?" Dan calls from the bathroom.

"Nope! Why?" I call back, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

"Great! Well I don't want to give anything away, but be ready by 6:00 and wear something nice!" Dan exclaims, taking my hands in his. I smile at his secrecy.

"Okay I will!" I say, giving him a peck on the lips.

"That's not good enough." Dan replies, putting a hand on my back and pulling me into a kiss. My arms wrap around his neck and I tangle my fingers in his hair. When we pull away, I so badly wanted to tell him I love him. But I didn't. And I don't know why I didn't. I'll tell him tonight!

"Wanna take a nap?" Dan asks swiftly. I nod my head and Dan picks me up, knowing I hate it. He sets me down on the bed and we get under the covers. I lay my head on Dan's chest and close my eyes. I feel Dan wrap an arm around me and kiss my forehead, like he always does. And with that I drift off to sleep.

============

When I open my eyes, I don't feel Dan underneath of me. I look around the room and don't see him there. I look on the bedside table and see a note. I pick it up and see Dan's writing scribbled across it.

"Left to go prepare. See you at 6. ~ Dan" I read. I look up from the note and see its it 4:45. I scramble out of the bed and scurry to the bathroom. I hop in the shower and get out in a matter of minutes. I go to my suitcase and grab the only fancy dress I brought. It's dark blue, knee length, strapless, with a sweetheart neckline. Simple but fancy. I put on the dress and somehow manage to curl my hair. I then put on light makeup, and black wedges. When I look back at the clock, it's 5:50. I mentally pat myself on the back at the good timing.

There is a knock at the door at exactly 6:00. I smile to myself at Dan's cliche-ness. I walk to the door and open it. Dan stood there, in black skinny jeans, a white dress shirt with a tie and a smile.

"Wow." Is the only word that comes out of his mouth. I giggle and pat his chest.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I reply, taking ahold of Dan's hand. Dan returns to his normal self and puts his smile back on.

"Follow me, your highness." Dan tells me. I giggle again and plant a kiss on his cheek. Dan leads me to the elevator and out of the hotel. We walk a block or two, and we come across a candle lit picnic.

"Oh Dan. This is amazing!" I exclaim, wrapping Dan in a hug.

"I thought since you don't like restaurants, that I would make you a picnic!" Dan explains, with a small smirk on his face.

"Thank you so much!" I squeal. Dan brings me over to the blanket and I take a seat.

"I brought pizza!" Dan exclaims, pulling it out.

"Wow so classy!" I say sarcastically. Dan laughs and I laugh with him.

"Well it was the only food I knew I could please you with!" Dan replies. I laugh and nod my head. Dan takes out some plates and gives me a slice. Dan start to chow down on his pizza and this gives me the okay to scarf mine down. After we eat, a thought pops into my head. I need to tell Dan I love him.

"Wait for it, wait for it!" Dan says, starting to pull something out, and breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Ta-da!" Dan exclaims, taking out a bottom of champaign. He then takes out 2 glasses and pours us each a glass.

"Lauren there's something I need to tell you." "Dan there's something I need to tell you." We say at the same time. We both laugh.

"You go first." I say, trying to be polite. Also, I'm nervous to tell him.

"There's something I've wanted to say for a while. So I'm just going to come out and say it. I love you. I have fallen head over heels in love with you. I love your laugh, your smile, when you hug me, when you kiss me, when you blush, when your eyes light up when you see me, yes I see that, when you get excited, each and every one of your flaws, and most importantly you. And I couldn't ask for anything better." Dan states proudly, with every world full of love. My eyes start to water and I smile.

"Daniel James Howell, I love you too. That was what I was going to tell you." I reply. I feel a weight lift off of my shoulders as soon as I say it. Dan grins ear to ear. Dan lifts his glass and we clink glasses. We drink our drinks and after that, we start to pick up. We put all of the candles in the basket and fold the blanket and put it in there too. We walk back to the hotel hand in hand. As we walk through the sliding doors, we are bombarded by Mak.

"There you guys are!" Mak exclaims, out of breath. We give her a confused look.

"I went to your room to find you guys and you weren't there so I went to Phil's room. He wasn't the happiest to see me, but he told me you guys were out on a date. Finally you guys are back!" Mak explains.

"What do you need us for?" I ask, extremely confused at all of this.

"I need to tell you guys something!" Mak says, her face now falling.

"Go ahead." Dan replies. I nod my head, signaling for her to go on.

"I'm not going back to London."