Chapter 23: Telling Kian

"Lauren... I-I'm pregnant."

The look of shock on my face could not explain how I'm feeling right now.

"See I knew it! You hate me!" Mak yells, tears rushing down her cheeks.

"No no no, that's the last thing I'm feeling right now. I'm just shocked, that's all." I say, pulling Mak into a hug.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." Mak cries.

"It's going to be okay. Are you going to keep it or?" I ask, trying to be comforting.

"Of course I am. I just don't know how I'm going to tell Kian." Mak replies.

"You need to tell Kian. Like soon. Like now would be best." I tell her.

"I-I can't..." Mak says, fear crossing her face.

"Hey Lauren did- what's going on?" Kian asks, rushing to sit next to Mak.

"Nothing I'm fine, I just uh tripped over my camera cord." Mak lies, quickly drying her tears.

"I doubt that happened Mak, the last time I saw you cry like that was when Lauren left for England." Kian says, crossing his arms.

"You're right, you're right. I'm lying." Mak replies, looking at Kian, her eyes starting to fill with tears again.

"Yeah I know, now why are crying?" Kian asks, more gently.

"Listen Kian I have to tell you something." Mak states. Kian nods her, motioning for her to go on.

"I don't know how to really say that but I'm pregnant. And Kian it's yours." Mak confesses, falling into my chest.

Kian looks at her and his face goes pasty white.

"What?" Kian mutters, putting his head in his hands. He then stands and runs out of the room.

"I knew he would hate me. Everyone does. I knew it I knew it I knew it." Mak mutters, her sobs echoing through the room.

"Nobody doesn't hates you. It's just a lot for him to take in right now. Let him cool off. He's an understanding guy." I tell her. Mak nods her head but I can tell she doesn't believe me.

"Hey guys what's going on? Kian just stormed out of the front door." Dan exclaims, barging into the room. Mak and I look up at him and I give him a 'don't ask questions' look.

"He hates me that's what." Mak replies, putting her face in her hands.

"Stop saying that!" I say.

"But it's true. If I wouldn't of gotten drunk this wouldn't of happened!" Mak cries.

"Can someone please just tell me what's going on?" Dan pleads, looking at both of us.

"You wanna know? I'm pregnant! I freaking pregnant with Kian's child and I screwed up so flipping bad!" Mak screams. Dan stares at us, a shocked look plastered on his face.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Mak exclaims, getting up and running to the bathroom. I tighten the grip on my towel and go over to the bathroom where Mak is throwing up. I kneel beside her and hold her hair out of the way.

Mak stops and wipes her mouth. Tears haven't stopped rolling down her cheeks. She leans into me and sobs.

"Mak listen to me it's going to be okay. If Kian doesn't want to raise this kid with you, than I will. Dan and I will help raise your kid." I tell her. Mak looks up at me, her eyes wide.

"You would do that for me?" Mak asks.

"Of course we would. I'm your best friend. Right Dan?" I say, looking over at Dan.

"Um yeah. I don't exactly like children but I'll overcome that eventually." Dan replies. Mak breaks into a smile and hugs me.

"Thank you so much!" Mak exclaims.

"I would do anything for you." I respond, rubbing her back.

"Mak?" Kian says gently, suddenly appearing at the door. Our heads snap up to look at him.

"So you ready to raise this baby?" Kian asks, breaking into a smile.

Mak grins the biggest I've ever seen someone grin. She gets up off the floor and embraces Kian in a tight hug.

"I love you." Kian whispers to her.

"I love you too." Mak replies, planting a kiss on his lips.

I mentally aw at the sight.

"Kian and I are going to go talk this over so we'll be back in a little bit." Mak tells us, gripping onto Kian hand like he's going slip right out of her fingertips. Mak and Kian leave the room leaving Dan and I alone.

"Well that was a crazy 10 minutes." I mutter, picking myself up off the ground.

"Tell me about it. And I was only here for half of it." Dan replies, chuckling. I wrap my arms around Dan's waist and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm tired." I say.

"Me too, we should take a nap." Dan responds. I nod my head and follow Dan out the door to the guest room. I quickly side out of my bathing suit and get into a pair of comfy clothes while Dan does the same. I jump on the bed and climb up the covers.

"Did I ever tell you that you are the most amazing person in the world?" Dan asks, climbing into bed with me.

"No, but you can try." I reply, snuggling close to Dan.

"Well, you are the most amazing person in the world." Dan says, smiling.

"I like it. It's not true, but I like how it sounds." I respond, looking up at Dan. Dan's chocolate brown eyes meet mine.

"It is true." Dan says, in barely a whisper. I smile and rest my head on his chest.

"Can you promise me something?" Dan asks.

"Yeah anything." I reply.

"Can you promise me you won't get pregnant until we're ready?" Dan says.

"I promise." I mutter. I shut my eyes and start to drift off to sleep.

"Hey Lauren?" Dan whispers.

"Hm?" I reply, half awake.

"I think you're the one."

===========

Ooh drama! I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'll try and update as soon as I can! Love you!~ Lauren aka Applejack131