Chapter 39: Shawn's Apartment

"Lauren?" A voice calls down the hallway. I pick my head up from in between my legs and rest it on the wall. He squats down beside me. 

"What the hell do you want Shawn?" I spit, tears still rolling down my cheeks. 

"I came to see if you were alright!" Shawn explains and places a hand on my shoulder. 

"Are you kidding me right now? Of course I'm not alright! I pretty much just broke up my boyfriend and I'm pregnant with his child! And don't flipping touch me." I cry before shoving his hand off me. Shawn looks at me with wide eyes. At first I'm confused and then I realize what I said.

"Say that last part again." Shawn replies. 

"Don't flipping touch me." I say, knowing that's not what he wanted to hear.

"Lauren, you're pregnant with his child? Does Dan know?" Shawn asks. I shake my head no and Shawn runs his hand through his hair. 

"Alright come on let's get you to my place." Shawn says and goes to pick me up but I stop him.

"I'm not going any where with you." I state, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Come on Lauren, I'm not going to do anything. And I'm not going to leave you out in the hallway crying." Shawn exclaims. I sigh and mutter an 'okay', letting Shawn pick me up.

========

"I made some hot chocolate." Shawn tells me and hands me a mug. I thank him and tug the blanket closer around me. 

"How long a long are you?" Shawn asks, taking a seat on the bed next to me. 

"About 3 weeks." I reply before sipping on my hot chocolate.

"Were you planning on telling Dan any time soon?" Shawn responds. I nod my head yes and feel a sudden urge to cry again. 

"I was going to tell Dan and the rest tonight. But then the thing happened with Lydia so I couldn't. You know it's funny, sometimes it feels like Lydia had this all planned out. But then I think there's no way she could do that." I say. 

"Lauren if I tell you something, you promise you won't get mad and throw your hot chocolate at me or something?" Shawn asks, making me laugh. 

"I promise." I reply, feeling nervous for what he's about to tell me. 

"I'll just take this anyway." Shawn states before removing the hot chocolate from my hands. I chuckle again and Shawn smiles. 

"Okay I don't exactly know how to say this but um Lydia kinda did have this all planned out." Shawn says. I furrow my eyebrows in my confusion. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Okay let me start from the beginning. Around the time you moved to London, I received a call from Lydia. She told me that she had this plan to win over this guy Dan Howell. And she said if I helped her, she would help me get back together with you. So I said I would. She told me I didn't need to come to London quite yet, so I waited for her to call me back. In that time she got close to Phil and they started dating. Her whole plan was to get in between Dan and Phil, so they would already hate each other when Phil and her break up so she could date Dan. But she needed you out of the way too. So she tried everything to get you guys apart. Eventually she called me and I came to London to win you over. But once I saw how happy you were with Dan I pretty much backed out. So she called in Lexi. And that's how we ended up here." Shawn explains. When he finishes I start crying. 

"It's going to be okay Lauren." Shawn says. He wraps his arms around me and I rest my head on his chest. 

"Everyone keeps telling me that but it's not going to be okay. I'm pregnant, and I'm broken up with the father that doesn't even know that I'm pregnant. And now I find out that Lydia has been planning this, this whole time." I cry. Shawn strokes my hair gently. 

"Lauren I know it seems like the whole world is against you right now but everything is going to work out. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday." Shawn replies softly. 

"God that day better be soon." I tell him before letting out a little giggle. 

"I hope it is too. I don't want you to be hurting Lauren. And I know that I've hurt you in the past and I'm so flipping sorry." Shawn says.

"It's okay Shawn I forgive you. But I need to do something." I respond before sitting up.

"What do you need to do?" Shawn asks suddenly concerned. 

"I need to go home, back to Michigan. I can't be here anymore." I tell Shawn.

"When are you going to leave?" Shawn replies. 

"Right now."