Chapter 40: Airport

"Lauren think about this for a second!" Shawn calls as he chases me out of his apartment. My mind is racing a million miles a minute. Was I really going to do this? Was I really going to leave behind my life in England?

"I did, and I'm leaving. I need to call a cab!" I exclaim, digging through my purse to find my phone. Shawn catches up to me and places a hand on my arm. I shake his hand off me. 

"What about your stuff? Or your best friend? Or even your boyfriend?" Shawn asks, looking at me with pleading eyes. I shake my head no and push my hair out of my face.

"First, I'll get Mak or someone to get it. That's what she did when she stayed behind in LA. Second, Mak has left me, I'm just returning the favor. And third, he's not my boyfriend. He kissed, that... that skank!" I fire back. I search up the cab company and dial the number. I press the phone to my ear, trying to get my thoughts together. I'm actually doing this. I'm actually calling the cab to take me to the airport. 

"Lauren, you're having his baby for god's sake! He should at least know!" Shawn replies.

"I'm not telling him. Hello? Hi! I'm calling for a cab!" I say before giving them the address. This is really happening. And to think hours ago, I was cuddled up in bed with Dan. And to think, I wanted to marry him.

"They're going to be here in 10 minutes. I guess this is goodbye." I tell Shawn. He nods his head before staring at me with these sad blue eyes. I can see why I fell in love with him in the first place. Before I know it I'm leaning and just before our lips touch, he backs out.

"I'm not going to be your rebound. Plus, you're pregnant and I'm not going to do that to Dan. It's funny. A couple of months ago, I was headed out here to sweep you off your feet and get you back. But now I've realized that you've found happiness here. That's why you should stay. Make things right with Dan and tell him about your pregnancy. Start a family, get married and even get that dog you've always wanted. If you won't stay for Dan. Stay for me. Or for Mak, Kian and Abby. They need you right now. I even need you here right now. Just stay Lauren." Shawn exclaims.  A couple of loose tears have fallen down his face. 

I hear a car honk outside and it's time to make a decision. Should I stay or should I go?

"Goodbye Shawn." 

=======

Shawn's POV

"Lauren don't do this!" I call after her but she just doesn't listen. She just continues to walk away. The doors slide open and she exits the apartment building. 

I let out a loud, frustrated sigh and take a seat on the couch in the lobby. I rest my elbows on my knees and throw my head in my hands. Think Shawn, think! 

Got it. If I can't stop Lauren, maybe someone else can.

I take out my phone and dial the number of the only person that can fix this.

"Dan?"

=======

Dan's POV 

"Get out of my god damn apartment right now!" I scream as soon as Lauren leaves the apartment. Shawn is quick to follow her out, making me uneasy. Lydia stands still and looks at me with this look that I can't describe. 

"Dan now that she's gone, we can be together." Lydia pleads. Does she really think that after all of this, that I want to be with her?

"Sorry that was rude. Please, get out of my god damn apartment right now." I reply, sarcasm lacing through my voice. Lydia goes to say something, but I stop her short when I shoot her a death glare. 

Lydia nods before exiting the apartment, slamming the door shut. 

"Dan-" Phil starts to say but I cut him off. 

"Don't say anything. I don't want to here it." I snap before making my way to my bedroom. As soon as the door is shut, I finally break down. There's no doubt that my hurtful sobs were ringing throughout the apartment. I screwed up this time. I can't believe I let her kiss me. 

I move myself over to my bed and pull out the drawer on my bedside table. I take a deep breath before pulling out the black velvet box. I open the box and take out the ring. I run my thumb over the beautiful diamond and let the tears run down my face. We were supposed to be forever. I was going take her out of this wonderful date and tell her this amazing speech about how much I love her. And then I was going to get down on one knee and ask her to marry me. 

I placed the ring back in the box and shut the lid. I look at the floor and chuckle at the mess that Lauren had made this morning when she was trying to find something to wear. I reach down and pick up one of her shirts. It was her one of her many danosaur shirts that I found out about when we cleaned out her apartment. I hold the shirt close to my chest and just cry. 

My thoughts are interrupted when my phone buzzes in my pocket. For a second, I think it's Lauren. And I smile. But as soon as I read the caller ID it falls.

"Dan?" A voice rings.

"What the hell do you want Shawn?" I snarl, trying to sound like I wasn't a complete mess. 

"Listen, now is not the time to be mad. Dan, Lauren's leaving." Shawn tells me. 

"Yeah I realized that when she stormed out of the apartment a few hours ago." I reply.

"No Dan she's leaving the country and heading home. She's headed to the airport right now and you need to stop her." Shawn says breaking the news. My breath catches in my throat.

"I'm on my way right now." I respond when I find my voice.

"Great. Oh and Dan one more thing. She's carrying your child." Shawn says before ending the call. I stand in shock. A baby? I'm going to be a father. Oh my god. 

For a second I feel like I'm going to be sick but then I realize the task at hand and I can't let this stand in the way.

=======

I dart through the crowds of people, looking at the thousand faces, trying to find the woman I love. The ring box jumps up and down in my pocket as I run through the airport. 

And then I see her. Sitting in a plastic chair with both hands rested on her stomach. Her lips move, indicating that's she's talking to the unborn baby in her stomach. 

I smile to myself and go to make my way over to her. But before I can, a voice comes over of the intercom.

"Flight 34 to Chicago now boarding." 

Lauren perks her head and makes direct eye contact with me.

"Lauren!"