Chapter 26: Finding An Apartment

"She told me Lexi is still alive." Mak whispers, tears falling down her cheeks. I sit there, shocked at what she just said.

"H-how is that possible? She died in that fire!" I exclaim, my eyes starting to become misty.

"Apparently she didn't. Lydia said that she dragged Lexi out of the cabin unconscious and brought her to her house. She had doctors come there and treat her and didn't tell anybody." Mak explains.

"Do you know what this means? This means we can tell Phil how crazy she is and she can't threaten us." I tell Mak. Her eyes light up.

"But we have to meet Lexi first. To know she is alive. Lydia could've easily told me that she was alive when she really wasn't." Mak replies. I nod my head and hug Mak tightly.

A knock sounds at the open door and we turn around to find Kian.

"You girls okay up here?" Kian asks, leaning on the door frame.

"Yep, perfectly fine. Just hormones. And you know Lauren, she always cries when other people cry." Mak lies. I mentally thank her for that.

"Oh okay. And don't take anything Lydia said personally. You did nothing wrong babe." Kian says.

"Thanks Kian, I love you." Mak replies, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I love you too." Kian responds.

"Hey while we're all up here, why don't we look for some apartments!" I exclaim. Mak and Kian nod their heads in agreement.

"Okay, let me get my computer from my bag, which is in the living room" I say, getting up.

I head out of the room and I instantly hear whispering. I press myself close to the wall, and listen in on the conversation.

"Make them leave!" Phil yells in a hushed voice.

"I'm not going to make my girlfriend's best friend, who happens to be pregnant, and her boyfriend, sleep at hotel, when there is plenty of room here! But I guess you don't care. You're so lovestruck over Lydia, that you can't even see what a horrible person you have become. You wouldn't even care if they slept on the freaking streets!" Dan snaps, yet it's still in a hushed tone.
"Lydia has only made me a better person. Maybe it's Lauren who has made you a horrible person." Phil spits.

"Lauren has done nothing wrong!" Dan replies.

"Oh bull! Lydia tells me all the time that Lauren is being mean. And quite frankly, I see it too. You know I thought she was nice, but not any more. You're the one that is blind and can't see what she's doing." Phil says.

"Alright, I'm done listening about how awful I am." I exclaim, walking into the living room.

"We're you there the whole time?" Phil asks, his face turning red.

"Pretty much yeah." I reply.

"Oh." Phil says, hanging his head a little.

"Screw you Phil! I thought you were a nice guy, but I guess not." I yell at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's not true Lauren. You are wonderful, beautiful, nice, and I could go on and on and on. Phil's just too dumb to see it." Dan says, walking over to me and giving me a hug.

"Thank you Dan, I appreciate it." I reply, kissing him on the cheek.

"Anything for you." Dan whispers. I smile and playfully hit shoulder.

"Now let me get what I really came for." I say, releasing myself from Dan's grip and grabbing my bag from the plane.

"We're going to look at apartments for Mak and Kian. Happy Phil? Now you and your girlfriend have more room to make out, or whatever it is you two do." I spit. Phil looks a little taken back and doesn't respond. I roll my eyes and take ahold of Dan's hand.

"Sorry I took so long." I say as I enter my bedroom.

"We heard yelling, what took so long?" Mak asks, sitting up.

"Dan and Phil were fighting and I interfered when Phil started talking bad about me. But whatever let's find an apartment. Preferably close to us." I explain. Mak gives me a worried look, and I mouth a 'I'm fine' and smile.
I get out my Macbook and set in on the bed.

"Lauren, why do you have a Danisnotonfire background?" Kian asks, laughing.

"Daniel James Howell! Stop changing my background to pictures of you!" I yell. Everyone starts to crack up, while I try and keep a straight face. Which fails miserably, and I burst out laughing.

"Okay back to apartment hunting." I state.

"They should make a show about that." Dan says.

"Dan they already do. It's called House Hunters." I reply. Mak and I laugh until our sides hurt at this.

"Haha very funny." Dan replies.

"It is." I respond.

"Well wanna know something else that is funny? This." Dan says. I give him a confused look, but then he grabs my waist and starts tickling me.

"Dan stop it!" I say in between laughs.

"Okay seriously let's find some apartments." Mak states, breaking us apart.

A few hours later, they have found the perfect apartment.

"I'm so happy! And it's in the same apartment building as yours!" Mak exclaims, grinning ear to ear.

"And I'm happy that you're happy." I reply, smiling.

"We should probably tell Phil. He'll be happy to you out of here. No offense." I say.

"None taken. He's a jerk. I don't know what I ever saw in him!" Mak responds.

"Well you saw the nice, good Phil. He's changed. And it's all Lydia's fault. I wish she'd get out of our lives." I tell Mak. Mak nods her head in agreement.

"Hey Phil!" I call, walking into the living room, Mak close behind me.

"What do you want?" Phil says, crossing his arms.

"Mak found an apartment!" I exclaim. His mood seems to brighten 10 times more.

"Good. You should go with her too." Phil mutters, getting up and brushing past me.

Lydia really needs to get out of our lives.