Chapter 7: The News

"So, how was your date?" Mak asks me, after I finally calm myself down.

"It was amazing!" I squeal, smiling a goofy smile.

"Tell me all that happened!" Mak exclaims, grabbing the pizza box she promised me and sitting on the couch. I plop down next to her and grab a slice, or 3.

"Well, let's just start with the best part!" I say, scarfing down my pizza.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend! And I said yes!" I shriek, bouncing up and down on the couch. Mak engulfs me into a hug.

"That's great!" Mak replies, smiling. But it wasn't the real Mak smile I knew. I won't ask her about it now.

"Thanks Mak!" I thank, releasing her.

"I think I'm going to hit the hay. It's been an eventful night." I state, laughing. Mak shouts back a 'k' as I run to my room.

*The next day

I wake up from a great dream where Dan Howell asked me to be his girlfriend. Oh wait, that wasn't a dream!

I check my phone and see a text from Dan

Conversation:

Dan: I was wondering if you and Mak wanted to hang out with Phil and I?

Lauren: That would be great!

Dan: See you at 12:00 then?

Lauren: Definitely!

End of conversation.

I smile to myself, my heart fluttering. I go to my closet, pulling out a pair of skinny jeans and a white tank top with crochet at the bottom. I then throw on a brown jacket and a pair of brown, short, high heel boots. I then straighten my hair and put a heart locket around my neck.

"Mak are you ready?" I scream, walking out of my room.

"Yeah! Why?" Mak screams back. Oh yeah I forgot to tell her.

"We're going to Dan and Phil's!" I reply, walking into the kitchen.

"Sweet!" Mak exclaims.

*Arriving at Dan and Phil's

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Dan opens the door, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey babe!" Dan exclaims, opening up his arms. I blush and give Dan a hug.

"Hey Mak!" Dan says, waving slightly after our hug, a little awkwardly. Mak waves slowly and spots Phil on the couch. I swear I could see her eyes light up a little.

"Phil!" Mak exclaims, rushing in to give him a hug. Phil looks a little surprised a this, but then smiles.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Dan asks us. I shrug my shoulders as Dan snakes his arm around my waist.

"Let's play some video games!" Phil shouts excitedly. I laugh and nod my head. Phil gets out the games and controllers.

"You look so beautiful." Dan whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I blush again and smile like a fool.

"Let's play Mario kart!" Phil exclaims.

"Why not." Dan laughs, taking a seat on the couch. He pats the seat next to him, just like he did when we first met. I smile and take a seat next to him. But that wasn't good even. Before I can stop myself, I crawl onto Dan's lap and take a seat there.

"Well hello there." Dan smirks. I laugh and lean my head onto his chest.

"Okay guys here are your con- Wow, didn't expect to see that when I turned around." Phil says, surprised. I laugh nervously as an instinct. Phil gives us our controllers and we start the game.

"No don't you throw that green shell at me!" I yell at Mak.

"Too bad!" Mak says.

"Hey, that hit me!" Phil complains.

"Haha!" I laugh.

"Almost there!" I say, as I'm about to cross the finish line.

"I win suckers!" I shout, throwing my hands into the air.

"Sorry I'm a bit competitive." I apologize, laughing.

"I like it." Dan comments, going to kiss me on the cheek. But I turn my head at the last second, kissing him on the lips. Just like every other time, it felt like fireworks were going off inside of me.

"EW!' Mak and Phil screech, covering their faces. Dan and I pull away and chuckle.

"I'm so glad I can do that now." Dan tells me, while Mak and Phil freak out.

"Me too." I state. I love this boy. But when do I tell him? I can't do it now! But I have to do it soon!

All of a sudden, each of our phones ding with a new email.

We all get our phones out and check the email.

My eyes don't believe what they're seeing.

We've been invited to Vidcon in California! In 2 weeks!

"Oh" I start.

"My" Mak says.

"Gosh" I finish.

Is this really happening?! My life gets better by the second!