Chapter 30: Movie Night

"Hey what was that call all about?" Dan asks me as I walk into the living room.

"Um, I ran into an ex and he didn't believe that I was dating the Dan Howell. He doesn't get out much." I explain, plopping myself down on the couch next to Dan. 

"Oh okay. What ex would this be?" Dan says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Shawn." I mutter.

"Wait for real? How the heck is he in London?" Dan exclaims, becoming a little over protective.

"Ask Lydia. He told me she asked him to visit and that he might want to live in London. Which is definitely not what I need. Too much stress." I tell him. Dan nods and kisses me lightly.

"God our lives are screwed up." Dan mutters.

"Tell me about it." I reply, laughing slightly. 

"Mak are you serious?" A voice yells from outside. 

"Um what is that?" Dan asks, confused.

"That would be Kian. Mak took his credit card to buy stuff for the baby. It's a girl by the way!" I exclaim, laughing. Dan eyes me weirdly and chuckles. 

"Gosh you're so excited over a child that's not even yours." Dan says.

"Well she's my best friend and I want to stay by her side through everything. Plus, I love children!" I explain, giddily. 

"Man, sometimes I wonder if you were dropped on your head as a baby. And please, please don't love children so much that you want to have one so young. I don't think I could be a father right now. Or even in a few years." Dan tells me. 

"Don't be silly Dan. I'm not ready either." I reply, feeling slightly bummed. Slightly.

"Well we should go see what they're up too. Don't want the happy couple fighting too much." I say to Dan, before walking down the stairs. I open the door and see Kian and Mak arguing in front of our door. 

"Hey guys." I say, trying not to laugh. They turn to look at us and Mak gives me a fake smile.

"So what's going on?" Dan asks. Kian lets out a sigh.

"Mak and Lauren took my credit card to go get stuff for the baby without telling me." Kian explains. I burst out laughing and Mak joins me. 

"It's not funny!" Kian exclaims, laughing a little bit himself. 

"Yes it is. Besides it's your kid too!" I tell him. Kian rolls his eyes.

"Yeah yeah." He replies.

"Okay come on inside, since you guys seemed like you were coming here anyway." Dan says, opening the door a little wider. They follow behind us, marching up the tall flight of stairs to the living room. 

"So I think we should have a movie night, since Lydia and Phil are out." I say, plopping myself down on the couch.

"I think that is a great idea." Mak responds, sitting on the other couch.

"Okay let's have a Disney movie marathon." I exclaim, smiling like an idiot. 

"Yeah I'm down for that. But no and I mean no minions." Dan replies, sitting next to me.

"Okay okay." I say, giggling. 

"Someone make popcorn." Mak groans, leaning on Kian's chest. 

"I will." Dan says. Once Dan leaves, I pounce up the stairs to our room and throw on my Tigger onesie. I dash back down stairs and sit back down on my spot on the couch. Dan comes back a few moments later with 2 bowls of popcorn. He gives one to Mak and Kian and sits next to me. 

"You look cute." Dan comments, flicking the ear of my onesie. I giggle. Dan wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. Kian presses play on the movie. 

"Are you actually serious, we were supposed to be watching Brave, who put Frozen in?" I exclaim. Mak giggles guiltily. 

"Whoops." Mak mutters. I sigh and lean back on Dan. He responds by place soft kisses on my neck.

"Um sir, ma'am, there is no PDA allowed in the theater." Mak says. Dan and I chuckle. I turn my head around to look at him. I kiss him on the lips and while I do, I give her the finger. Mak gasps.

"Rude and disrespectful!" She exclaims, causing us all to laugh.

"Let's just watch the movie now." I say, turning back around. 

=========

A few hours later, everyone had fallen asleep, except for me. I continued to watch movie after movie. Well, I wouldn't really call it watching if I was just sitting there thinking, not paying attention. 

I had something on my mind. I have this fear that if I become pregnant with Dan's child, married or not, that he's not going to be ready and is not going to want to raise it. 

I hear a jingle of keys from downstairs and the door open. Great, Lydia and Phil are back. And being the nice people they are, they woke everybody up.

"Okay is everyone listening? We have big news!" Lydia exclaims, in her sickly sweet voice.

"What is it I really don't care!" Mak groans, fighting to keep her eyes open.

"Oh but you will. Phil and I are engaged!" 

================

Little bit of a filler chapter! I'm trying to write them as fast as I can! Things are starting to get interesting! ~ Applejack131 aka Lauren.