Chapter 25: Back Home

"Ugh I'm ready to get off this plane!" Mak groans, putting her head on my shoulder.

"We're landing right now Mak!" I reply, chuckling.

"I didn't think I'd be so excited to get back to the cold weather, being pregnant has changed me!" Mak says, packing up her stuff. Kian laughs and kisses her head.

A lady comes on the intercom and tells us we can get off the plane.

"Thank the lord." Mak mumbles, getting up from her seat. We all exit the plane, which took "forever" according to Mak.

"I'm tired." I say, dragging my suitcase behind me. Dan reaches out his hand for me and I take it gratefully.

"You're cute when you're tired." Dan comments, kissing my hand. I smile at his actions.

"Dan! Lauren!" A voice calls. I turn my head and see Phil. With, of course, Lydia. I mentally gag.

"Hey guys!" Phil says.

"Hey Phil!" Dan replies, giving him a hug. I mean even though we are dating, I still ship Phan.

"Oh, you've brought Mak and Kian." Phil says, when Mak and Kian come up behind us.

"Yeah! They're living in England now! They're gonna stay with us until they find an apartment." I explain. Phil nods, but I can tell he isn't happy.

"Hey Dan!" Lydia pipes up. Dan smiles slightly and gives a little wave. She only said hi to Dan. My blood starts to boil at this, but I quickly push it away and try and give her a nice smile.

"Shall we get going then?" Dan asks. We all nod our heads and we proceed out of the airport.

"Oh um sorry Mak and Kian, we didn't know you guys would be coming so we only brought Lydia's car... You guys are going to have to get a cab." Phil says. Dan and I give each other a worried look.

"You're telling me that I'm going to have to wait in the cold while I wait for flipping cab to pick me up?! I'm freaking pregnant!" Mak yells at Phil. Phil just stands there, looking shocked.

"Dan and I will get a cab, don't worry Mak. You guys can take the car back with Lydia and Phil." I tell Mak. She nods her head and mouths a 'thank you'.

"I guess we'll see you at the apartment." Dan says, slowly backing away from the awkward situation.

We head back to the front of the airport and wait for a cab to arrive.

"Gosh it's freezing." I mumble, rubbing my hands together. Dan wraps an arm around me and pulls me close to him.

"That better?" Dan whispers in my ear, making me shiver.

"Much." I reply, giggling.

A cab eventually shows up, but my toes have probably all got frost bite. I'm kidding. At least I hope I am.

Dan and I pile into the cab.

"I can't believe Phil did that." Dan mutters. I take ahold of Dan's hand and rub small circles on the back of his hand.

"I don't think it was the Phil that we know that did that. Lydia's definitely changed him." I reply. Dan looks at me and kisses me on the nose.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you." I respond.

We make it back to the apartment and Dan pays the driver.

"You didn't have to pay Dan. I offered to take a cab." I tell Dan as we walk into the apartment building.

"Well I wanted to and because of you I won't have to hear Mak complaining about having to wait in the cold for a cab for the next year." Dan replies, chuckling slightly.

"You're so dumb," I say, shoving him jokingly.

"Yeah I'm the dumb one." Dan replies, shoving me back.

I stop and look at him, giving him a hurt look.

"Oh okay." I say, rubbing my shoulder like it hurts. I start to walk away but Dan grabs my wrist.

"Wait Lauren come back! I didn't mean it!" Dan cries. I can't help but smile.

"Gotcha!" I exclaim, laughing.

"Okay okay, I going to get you back." Dan replies.

"Ooh scary!" I respond, still laughing.

"Let's just go upstairs." Dan says. I nod my head and take Dan's hand.

Dan lets us into our apartment and we climb up the stairs to see Mak and Lydia in huge fight.

"What is going on here?" Dan exclaims. Mak and Lydia turn to us.

"Nothing." Lydia says to Dan, smiling sickly.

"What's going on Lyd?" Phil calls from the other room. Phil walks into the room and looks from Mak and Lydia to Dan and I.

"I don't want Mak and Kian living with us." Lydia states, crossing her arms.

"Why not?" Phil asks, concerned.

"Because she's been rude to be ever since I've met her and I don't want her here." Lydia says. She hugs Phil and starts crying.

"Oh my god." I mutter under my breath but Dan heard and starts chuckling.

"Well no problem because I don't want to stay with you here either." Mak spits.

"Mak we'll help you look for an apartment today." I pipe up.

Mak looks at me and smiles.

"I'm gonna head up to our room." I tell Dan. As I walk past everyone, I grab Mak and drag her to my room.

"God I hate her." Mak says, as soon as we get into my room.

"Yeah me too. I don't know what happened to the girl we knew throughout our childhood." I reply.

Mak and I sit in comfortable silence, until Mak starts crying.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong?" I ask, putting an arm around Mak.

"Lydia told me something while we were fighting." Mak mumbles.

"What did she tell you?" I reply, intrigued.

"She said that Lexi is still alive."