Chapter 60

60

Luke

I woke up the next day feeling a little heavy, it wasn't easy for me to sleep at all last night but I ended up passing out cause I've been awake for too long.

This is it, from this day forward, I promised to put my best friend and the girl I love's feeling before mine. I was finally going to let these feelings go and stop being delusional.

I get up from bed, scratching the small itch in my back before making my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

It was going to be a long day, today was the day I bring Alyssa to the hotel where the boys, and Ashton, were staying.

After dressing up, I walked up to Alyssa's door to wake her up.

"Alyssa, wake up." I knocked.

"I'm already awake, Luke." She says.

"Well then get ready we're going to go out for breakfast." I tell her.

An hour later, she came down the stairs and we were ready to go. I stood by the passenger's door waiting for her to get in.

The drive was silent, I've been wanting to start a conversation with her but it wasn't as simple as I thought it would. Anything I thought that could come out from my mouth would probably be something awkward.

We stopped by a breakfast diner to get food before going to the hotel, again, I decided not to tell her. Till we were finally sat on our table and eating.

Once our food was served, it took me a while trying to think of the perfect words to say, to tell her that she was going to meet him today.

"Alyssa?"

"Yeah?" She places her fork down and looks at me.

"I'm going to take you to see him today."

---

Alyssa

For a second, my heart stopped. I knew who he was talking about. But I felt like he wouldn't want to see me.

"I-I can't." I trailed.

"What, why?" He asked, looking at me.

"I don't think he'd want to see me, Luke."

"Alyssa, he'd love to see you. He's always been wanting too. He misses you." He said, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I don't think I'm ready." I say, I was only nervous. I didn't know what to say.

"It's going to be okay, Alyssa." He says, trying to comfort me.

I tried to eat my breakfast as slow as I could so I could have atleast a little bit of time to know what to say. I was nervous, I was afraid he'd tell me to leave, I was afraid he'd push me away.

It was something that scared me the most, I didn't want to see him not look at me the way he used to.

Eating my food then came to an end, and I felt my hands sweatier by the minute.

"Luke, I'm going to go wash my hands while you pay the bills." I casually say.

"Sure."

I made my way to the back of the diner where a small, but clean bathroom was. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked horrible. The bruises on my face were gone but my wrists and hips still had a dark purple shade to it.

I slowly wash my hands, taking as much as I could.

"Alyssa?" Luke knocked on the door.

"I'll be out in a minute." I say, and he didn't reply.