Chapter 54

Alyssa

This was my chance, my chance to finally go back home. I ate the last of my bread and began to analyze the room again and again, trying to remember where everything was when I wasn't blindfolded.

After gathering a lot of courage and waiting just incase Finn came back unexpectedly, I knew it was time for me to get going. I slowly brought my legs onto the carpeted floor as I took a few steps, holding onto the edge of the bed. I knew that it was possible to double lock the door from the inside. I head to the other side as I bring my tied hands in front of me, preparing myself from anything that I might hit. I continued to take baby steps, I couldn't exactly calculate where the door was but I knew I was in the right direction.

I feel the cold wall on my fingers as I smiled to myself I knew that I was getting there. I slowly feel the right side, feeling the wall. It wasn't there. I then turn the the other side and kept my fingers onto the wall as I moved swiftly. I feel the patterned wood on the tips of my fingers as I knew what this was. I bring my hands over my head, which was quite uncomfortable. I stick my body as close to the door as I stood on my toes trying to reach for the lock made of metal. I moved from side to side, feeling the corners slowly. Once I felt the cold metal on my hands, I immediately locked it and I knew now, I was safe, till further notice.

I knew Finn wouldn't break this door down because it's a hotel, and they'd probably call the police on him. I turn around and started to walk as I knew that the study table was directly on the other side of the door. I rest my hands on the table as I gave myself a break. It was a lot of work trying to find your way around a small room.

I decided to reach for the phone and felt the buttons, again, trying to remember where the numbers were placed. I type the number I knew by heart, a number I always called when I was bored. It was his number. I took a deep breath, I was nervous, what if he hangs up once he hears my voice? What happens if he doesn't answer his phone at all.

I take a deep breath as I waited for him to answer his phone. As each beep passed by, the more anxious I grew. So many thoughts passed through my paranoid head, I was getting scared. What if he knew I was calling this number. I kept redialing, taking a lot of time trying to get the numbers right.

He really wasn't going to answer his phone, this wasn't him, he wouldn't not answer his phone. But then again, I hurt him. He's sad and angry. I began to lose hope, I kept praying to myself wishing there was another way for me, I tried my best to take the handkerchief off with my tied hands, but it seemed almost impossible, I couldn't even get my head through to give my hands space to untie it.

There was no other choice but to call the only other number I think I memorized. I began to dial as fast as I could, it took me too much time trying to call Ashton, I probably spent hours, non-stop. I brushed my fingers onto the phone dial as I began to dial the last number I knew.

I pull the phone to my ears, me leaning my head on it as it continued to beep. I was afraid, this was my last hope. Finn was going to come home and he would kill me for locking to door. I was already thinking of ways I could at least get the blinds off my eyes. I began to think pessimistically no one would ever answer this phone, specially if it was an anonymous number, that was ridiculous.

Just as I thought I had to redial again, a raspy voice rang in my ears.

"H-Hello?"

-

Luke

"L-Luke, I need your help." She cried.

I sat up from my bed, this was crazy, was I dreaming? Hundreds of questions floated on my head. Just hours ago, I was thinking about her calling me. And now she was? That was creepy.