Chapter 56

Luke

I watch Alyssa take a bite from her sandwich as I pull Calum and Michael into the living room

"What the fuck is going on man?" Michael sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Why is she all beat up?" Calum asked worriedly.

"Finn kidnapped her." I said simply, waiting for their reactions.

Their eyes grew wider as they began to ask countless questions.

"What? How?" They both asked in unison.

"It was all planned, him getting into this house, forcing her to kiss him and Ashton finding out."

"That bastard" Michael muttered under his breath, clenching both his fists.

"Where is he now?" Calum tried to ask calmly, but you could see the anger glow.

"I left him at the hotel." I shrugged.

"Why'd you leave him there? You should've called the police." Calum suggested.

"I wanted him to pay for all the damages I may or may not have caused."

They smiled slightly, they still felt bad for Alyssa.

"I was at the hospital today and," Michael said, breaking the awkward silence.

"And?" Calum gestured for him to continue.

"Ashton woke up, he was freaking out, screaming and wanting to get out of his hospital bed, he was looking for Alyssa."

"I think we should bring Alyssa to him maybe that woul-" I cut Calum mid sentence.

"No, not yet. Alyssa still needs to heal and Ashton needs some time to calm down, both of them are going through something and we don't want them overwhelmed." I reasoned, I didn't even know if I made sense.

"I guess you're right, does Alyssa know that Ashton's in the hospital?" Michael asked.

"No.."

"Aren't you planning to tell her?"

"Not yet." I said as I started walking away, the conversation was getting too long and I didn't want to reason with them anymore.

I made my way back to the kitchen where Alyssa sat on the bar stool, tapping her fingers on the table top, humming something incoherent.

I cleared my throat, she slowly turn back at me, with a sad smile on her face. I made my way beside her and pulled her close to my chest, my hand brushing her hair. I didn't know what made me want to be closer to her but it was just so magnetic, I wished it would be like this forever, I wish she loved me like she loved Ashton.

"Get some rest, you're probably worn out." I whispered.

She nodded softly as I stood aside letting her stand up from her stool.

It seemed like I didn't know a lot of things, like the way I wanted to be close to her or the way I wanted her to love me in the way she loved Ashton, it was difficult to feel like this because there was no way I could explain it.

I followed her up the stairs and into my room, I wait for her to set herself on the bed before I left the room again, leaving her there to get some rest.

I walked straight to Ashton and Alyssa's room, I wanted to clean the room up before Alyssa saw anything. I began to pick the clothes up and throwing them into the clothes bin, fixing the bed and lastly their table, I sat myself down on the dresser chair sorting the bottles of perfume and their picture frames.