Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Luke

"Alyssa, sit down." I motioned for her to sit beside me.

She shook her head.

I knew she felt un welcomed in the house. The bruises that were visible in the dark looked much worse when the light shone on it. You could see the heavy bags under her eyes and her face showed nothing but fear and anxiety.

I stood up from my bed and held her arm, but she winced. I asked her if I hurt her and she said I didn't. She didn't want to be touched, nor looked at. She was still so afraid.

"Alyssa, its okay. Just sit down, I'm going to get you some water." I tell her.

She nodded and sat herself down in the chair beside my bed. I sighed as I walked out of my room and walked into the kitchen. She didn't know what had happened the last week in the house and she doesn't know that Ashton's in the hospital. I didn't know wether I should tell her because I knew that she would start stressing out when she just finally got back from getting emotionally and physically hurt. I didn't want her to feel some sort of pressure, for a while at least. And this was the first time she was alone with me around, I wanted to spend some times with her and cheer her up for a while, she seemed so distant and she needed to get treated. Some cuts and bruises didn't look too good.

I made my way back to the room, a glass of water in my hands and held it out to her. She slowly took it from me and I could see how hard it was for her to keep her hands from shaking. The water was close to spilling. I watched her for another second before hold her hands still, she looked at me with confused eyes but I gestured for her to drink some more. I could feel how cold her hands were as I cupped mine on hers.

"Thank you Luke." She whispered, almost inaudible.

"No problem."

"No seriously. I would have died if you didn't come. I wouldn't be here anymore." She explains softly.

"I'm sorry I didn't look for you quick enough." I tell her.

"Luke." She whispers softly, her eyes filled with sadness.

"I'm going to treat your cuts okay?" I said as I stood up, taking the glass on her hands and setting in on the table.

I didn't know what to do next, I didn't know how I was going to make conversation with her when she was still so disturbed by what she'd gone through and all I wanted was to confess what I felt for her. She was here now and I could easily tell her, but there would be some many consequences when I dared to tell the words.

I search around the medicine cabinet, picking the things I needed and closing it back, revealing the way I looked. I looked pathetic, I was here thinking about confessing my love for her when she was clearly in love with someone else. She was in love with my best friend, she and him are meant to be together and I'm just there to ruin the picture. I was so pathetic, I can almost see my reflection laugh at me.

I walked out of the bathroom with my hands full, I set the medicine bottles and cotton on the bedside table as I kneeled in front of her. I asked her to hold her arms out and she did so, I rolled her sleeves till they were on her shoulders. I soaked the cotton in antiseptic alcohol and slowly dragged it across her skin as I slowly blow on it so she wouldn't feel too much pain. She would groan every now and then but I tried my best to lessen the pain for her.

"Is there any more?" I asked her as I was done on her arms and legs.

She stayed silent for a moment before speaking up. "My back."

I took a deep breath, she wasn't comfortable enough around me to let me see her back so I decided against asking her to pull her shirt up.

"It's okay Alyssa, I won't ask you if you don't want to." I re-assure her.