Chapter 46 (Part 2)

Chapter 46 (part 2)

I made my way infront of him, tear filled eyes.

He slept straight, both arms on each side. His dimple wasn't visible anymore. His face, so pale. I couldn't handle seeing him like this.

I sat by his side, taking his hand into mine as I rest my head on his bed, softly sobbing.

The silence in the room made the faint beeping sound a lot louder.

"What happened?" I asked. Not bothering to look away from the love of my life.

"Ashton fainted on stage and fell off stage." Michael said.

"Ashton had fainted before." I told them.

"Yeah I saw him passed out under the breakfast table last week" Luke said.

"So wait, you guys mean Ashton's been fainting a lot lately and haven't taken proper caution about it?! What if this was something bad? We wouldn't have ever known!" Calum's voice grew louder.

I started sobbing even more. What if this meant something bad?

I feel Luke's arms around me.

"Everything will be okay Alyssa, Ashton will be okay" he softly whispered.

----

It has been 4 hours, Paige and Finn had left off to get us some food as the 4 of us sat by Ashton, waiting for the results.

There was a loud knock on the door followed by a middle aged Doctor with what seemed like two interns jotting down note carefully.

"Good Afternoon Lady and Gents, I'm Dr.Monroe and these are my two interns." He said in a bubbly tone.

All of us just stared at him with bloodshot eyes until Calum stood up and shook hands with him.

"What are the results doctor?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"Ahh yes." He said before turning the pages of his paper board rapidly, licking his thumb somewhere in between.

"Mr.Irwin has suffered a slight fall because he fainted for lacking glucose in his body. I have a small question for you."

"Yes?" Michael asked.

"Has Mr.Irwin eaten properly these past few days?"

My heart dropped. I never noticed that he hasn't. I felt so horrible for not watching over him.

A moment of silence was detonated and the doctor took this otherwise.

"So, I'm going to take this as to you, his friends, don't know whether he was already passing out from hunger."

I felt horrible. Just the other day, he made me breakfast. I couldn't believe I didn't ask him if he ate or anything. I felt the most embarrassed.

"Well, he'll be alright. Once the sedative runs out, he'll wake up. And once he does, he better get a big meal." He said as he left the room, not even bothering to close the door.

Calum walked towards the door, closing it before running his hands through his hair.

"How irresponsible can we be?" He groaned.

"What are we going to tell his mom?" Luke asked.

"We aren't going to say a word." Michael replied.

"We can't just do that Michael, his mom needs to know that he's starved himself this past week" Calum said.

"I just don't understand how this happened, he looked perfectly fine. But then he faints all of a sudden." I wondered aloud.

-----

Another few hours have gone by and most of us were awaiting Ashton's awakening. Paige and Finn's finally go us all loads of food and now we were just waiting for Ashton.

Everyone has cooled down and seemed to act normal, except for Calum, he took it too hard on himself. As for I, I couldn't wait to apologize to Ashton, I felt partly responsible to why this happened. I didn't even notice that he hadn't had food in a few days.

I walked out of the room, it was getting too stuffy for me. I sat by the plastic seats as I started to fish my Diary out, I had to take sometime distracting myself from all that was going on.

I began to turn the pages when I noticed a dried petal fall down. I picked it up from the ground as I returned it back to the diary.

We ran through the streets, the bright little umbrella now broken but you refused to let go of it. You told me that it would be our little memory.

You took me to the cemetery as we walked down the little hill, you stood by me as I cried, wishing that they would come back.

The rain stopped by the time we were walking home, my ice cold clothes were sticking to my skin, sending jolts through my spine. You took one look at me, immediately knowing what I was thinking.

You held my hand as you hugged me and said.

"You're cold, and I'm cold. Let's just mix the warmth we have left."

It was the weirdest thing you ever said but it melted my heart. The heat rushed throughout my body as soon as you engulfed me in your hug.

That day, I realised I wasn't alone anymore. You were the one person that I counted on.

From then on, I began to like you, not in the friendship way anymore.

It was much more.

"Alyssa! Ashton's awake!" Finn ran up to me.

I immediately closed the book, stuffing it back into my bag as I ran along with him.

Once we entered the room I immediately see Ashton's smiling face. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"I was so worried Ashton! I really was! Why'd you do that?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry Alyssa. I just haven't had track in my eating time." His raspy voice sang in my ears.

I hugged him tighter as he kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry Ashton." I cried.

"For what?" He asked.

"For not watching over you."

"What do you mean?"

"It's my fault you fainted and fell."

"What? No it's not. Alyssa, it's not your fault." He raised my head.

"I'm sorry Ashton." I told him once more.

"It's not your fault." He said as he kissed my forehead once again before pulling me up for a proper kiss.

"Come on guys! I'm hungry." Michael's voice rang throughout the room.

Everyone began laughing nervously, we we that awkward?

----

Heeey guys! Another update!

I super love your comments. Dedicating this one to the funniest commentor @xradiencex

I
LOVE
YOU
GUYS
SO
MUCH

Thank you for all the support. You guys are awesome.

Note: I'll be updating next week when I come back from my school trip, apparently, we're going to spend a week at the beach. Yay me. Not. I'd rather be a couch potato and sleep. :D

-Alyssa Hemmo okay okay bye.