Chapter 46 (Part 1)

Hey guys, I know this is short but I tried. I promise.

Thank you all so much for the comments, I simply didn't know how to reply to them But I reward you all with my gratitude. I don't feel so alone now. Thank you all. I just don't know how to express to you guys how much I love you.

I recently found a little bit of strength in me. And I hope I didn't upset you all for the long wait.

All those comments made me feel better and really, I don't know how to express it. I just want to give you all a virtual hug and little forehead kisses okay.

Okay.

Okay.

-Alyssa

----------

Alyssa's P.O.V

My heart sank. The heat rise through my spine, I didn't want to hear this. All I wanted was for him to come home safe and back into my arms. I shouldn't have stayed home, I should have just gone along with them. The phone fell from my hand as I stood frozen.

"Alyssa what happened?" Finn nudged my shoulder lightly.

"I-I." I stuttered.

"What happened?" He asked again.

This time, I couldn't keep myself from crying, tears rolled down to my cheeks.

"It's Asht-ton" I said breathlessly.

"What happened?-" he asked once more.

I couldn't get myself to answer, my energy was drained, but as if on cue, Paige came running to the garden.

"Ash- he's in the hospital." She said with a worried look in her face.

Once she notice me already red and teary, she quickly approached me and took me into her arms.

"Alyssa, come on let's go see him alright?" Finn said, he seemed devastated by the news.

I nodded as Paige held me on support.

Once we got into the car I couldn't do anything but pray that Ashton was okay, that maybe it was just some accident, nothing serious. Paige kept telling me that everything would be alright and Finn tried to talk about something else to keep everyone from panicking.

-

It would be a 45 minute drive to the nearest hospital since the house was over at the hills. I woke up my head on Paige's lap as she still continued running her fingers through my hair, Finn kept a straight face the whole time, trying to compose himself. I quickly got up and sat up straight.

"Are you alright Alyssa?" Paige looked at me worriedly.

I shook my head, Ashton was in trouble and it was my fault for not going with him and protecting him. It was my fault I let him go there alone.

After a couple more minutes, we finally reached the driveway of the hospital, I spent to time worrying if I fell out the car while it was moving, but staying in a car, while all of what was going on was suffocating me.

I jumped off the car, luckily not falling down. I hear Paige and Finn cry out in fear.

I shrugged it off as I quickly made my way in and to the front desk. I see a woman in her late 40's sitting idly at her desk, probably playing backgammon on her computer. She looks up at me and stares with complete distaste. I know, I looked like a hot mess.

"What can I help you with?" She asks.

"I'm looking for Ashton Irwin? H-he-"

"Room 356, 3rd floor on the left wing." She said.

I wasted no time thanking her as I made my way through the elevators, not sure if I shoved anyone on my way.

I quickly press through the buttons as I rest my head in my palms.

"What am I going to do?" I ask myself.

It was breathing heavily, I felt my sweat run down my forehead as I quickly wiped it off, following the occasional finger brushing my hair. The tension broke the scale and I didn't know how I could refrain myself from having a panic attack.

I hear the soft 'Ting' of the elevator bell followed by the doors opening. I to the left as I counted the doors slowly.

I hear doctors and nurses telling me to stop running but I didn't want to waste anytime, I had to see him. I had to see if he was okay.

---

After a couple more minutes of running around not being able to find the room, I began to panic. I asked a nurse who nicely gave me proper directions. Turns out, the room was on the east wing, not on the west.

Once I faced the door of the hospital room, I breathed heavily.

"Ashton, please be okay." I prayed.

I held onto the door knob as I turned it slowly, taking small steps.

Once I got a clear view of the couch, I see Michael with a weary face, he looked very pale and his nose was red. I see Calum right on the other side of the room, he looked out the window, staring out mindlessly. I took a couple of steps closer as I saw Ashton, there, lying on his bed. Completely unconscious.

Luke sat beside him as he played with his bracelets. He too, looked like he just cried.

I felt my eyes water up with tears.

"What happened?"

"Ashton fainted and hit his head pretty hard on the stage floor, his head was bleeding and we didn't know what to do." Michael replied to me.

Ashton was peacefully lying on the white bed as if he was just sleeping, but the white gauze wrapped around his head made me worry the most, a little red splotch on his forehead.