Lalaloopsy Oneshot: Jake Moves In

(For more info on Jake Piaget, check out his bio on the Lalaloopsy Roleplay book from my old account)

  It was just another sunny, normal day in Lalaloopsy Land... except for one thing: a moving truck in front of (what was once) an uninhabited house. There, a bespectacled boy with neatly parted auburn hair was unloading his belongings from the truck, with the help of a chinchilla-colored Bunny with very long, drooping ears (which they used to carry the boxes). "Alright, Loppy," the boy eventually said to his Pet, "that's the last box."

  With that, they both went inside their new house and looked all around to decide where what should go, and they both came to one conclusion: "Some of these rooms need a new coat of paint."

  The boy started heading out to buy some paint and tarp, but when he opened the door, he was surprised to see a girl with bright-pink hair and a small, plate of cinnamon rolls standing in front of him. "Hi!" the pink-haired girl greeted cheerfully, "I'm Crumbs Sugar Cookie. Mouse and I saw you and your little bunny unpacking. That means you're new here, right?"

  "Correct. Jake Piaget," the boy answered while pulling out a bluish-white business card, "I'm hoping I can provide my services to this area's residents."

  "Oh," Crumbs accepted the card and saw that it read "Jake Piaget, Emotional Counsel" and included a phone number. "Well, we've baked these cinnamon rolls as a housewarming gift."

  "Well, this is very neighborly," Jake responded, "but sugar makes me... crazy."

  "Oh, I'm sorry," Crumbs stammered out as she started blushing in embarrassment, to which Jake responded, "We've only just met, so there's no way you could've known that. It's still quite a pleasure to meet you, Miss Cookie."

Crumbs, now feeling better, then proceeded, "So, if you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to move to Lalaloopsy Land?"

"I... didn't fit in in my former residence," Jake answered sheepishly, to which Crumbs said, "Oh. Well, I hope you feel more at home around here."

Suddenly, Crumbs felt Mouse nudging at her leg, prompting her to say, "Oh. Mouse and I have to get going. Hope you have a great time here!"

Jake began waving as Crumbs walked away. Once she was gone, he and Loppy headed out to the paint store. On the way, however, he suddenly felt something land on his head. Jake couldn't see what it was, but it kept making a hooting sound. He placed his hands on top of his head and immediately felt feathers, and from that and the hooting, Jake quickly identified it as an- "Owl!"

Suddenly, a girl with baby-blue eyes and straight orange hair pulled back with a magenta hairbow came up and said, "There you are! I've been trying to find you all morning!"

The owl flew up off of Jake's head and over to the girl, who then turned over to Jake and said, "Hi, my name's Bea Spells-a-Lot. Sorry about Owl; she really seems to like you."

"That's quite alright," Jake responded as he handed Bea one of his business cards before continuing on his way.

Suddenly, a purple-pigtailed girl with a small star below one of her eyes jumped out in front of Jake with a cartwheel and exclaimed, "Hey! Did you hear about the cat who drank 5 bowls of milk?"

"Actually-" Jake began before the girl interrupted, "He set a new lap record!"

She burst into laughter before seeing that Jake wasn't even smiling. "You didn't like the joke?" the girl asked dejectedly, before Jake answered, "On the contrary, I found it quite amusing."

"Doesn't seem like it," she retorted, to which Jake responded, "Well, you wouldn't know just from looking at me."

"Peanut!" a younger-sounding voice called, as what appeared to be a smaller, shorter-haired version of the joking girl ran up and asked, "Who's this?"

"Jake Piaget," Jake bowed in reply as he gave Peanut his card, "and you would be Peanut, correct?"

  "Peanut Big Top, at your service," Peanut declared with a spinning bow, "and this is my little sis, Squirt. I saw that you were new here, and you looked pretty down, so I just thought a joke might cheer you up."

  "This is simply my default facial expression," Jake explained, "but I still quite enjoyed your joke."

  "Oh," Peanut uttered before leaving with Squirt, as Jake continued over to the paint shop.