My Prediction For The Next 2D Trolls Series (+ A Few Mini-Headcanons)

With Trolls: The Beat Goes On and Trolls: TrollsTopia, isn't it a given for us to get another 2D Trolls series following Trolls 3? Well, I sure think so, and I may be wrong about this, but here's what I imagine the main premise being about:

  Inspired by the success of Queen Poppy's TrollsTopia project, the other tribal leaders start organizing their own projects to bring each other together. Of course, they're all be very different from TrollsTopia. It could be called Trolls: The Harmony Projects or Trolls: The Unity Projects.

For example, Delta Dawn could set up a Cutie Pageant calling for at least one contestant from each tribe. These contestants would, of course, include Holly Darlin', and the episode's plot would focus on either a) Holly dealing with the other tribes providing tougher competition, or b) Queen Poppy and Queen Barb conspiring to have the Pop and Hard Rock entries lose (Poppy would believe that Holly deserves to win, and Barb would want to prove just how uncute Hard Rock Trolls are).

Also, I definitely think that the Trolls from Trolls: TrollsTopia should return (along with some of the characters from The Beat Goes On!), and I don't just mean Val Thundershock and Holly Darlin' (they both appeared in Holidays in Harmony, so of course they'd be back for The Harmony/Unity Projects); I also mean Synth, Laguna Tidepool, Dante Crescendo, Minuet Sonata, Lownote Jones (maybe), R&B, Demo, Gust Tumbleweed, etc. It would also be great to see Prince D again (probably voiced by Donald Glover or Todrick Hall, but that's just my guess).

Inclusion of the Trolls from TrollsTopia and The Beat Goes On! would allow for an assortment of TrollsTopia adventures that we never got to see in its namesake series, including one-on-one interactions between Val and Synth.

Basically, a series like this would be great for those yearning to see (more of) the tribal leaders interacting with the TrollsTopians, as well as Pop Trolls like Milton Moss and Nova Swift interacting with Trolls from other tribes and dealing with all of the changes around their home. Of course, there'd still be no shortage of new characters in the mix (*cough* Hinterland Trolls *cough*).

I know this all may seem like wishful thinking, but what do y'all think about this series concept? Please let me know in the comments below... and also feel free to share your opinions on these little headcanons I have!

Gust has studied several different Critter languages. We already know he can communicate with Maraca Snakes, but I like to believe that he can understand a variety of other Critters as well.

For all of his athleticism, Synth still possesses a naturally slender physique (thanks to what he calls his "skinny genes") and is quite proud of it, as it allows him to build up his physical strength with none of the added muscle bulk that might weigh him down and hinder his tumbling abilities. After a while, however, all of those workouts with Smidge might start catching up with him...

Part of Laguna developing the training regimen for Tide-Kwando might've involved undergoing and taking notes on Synth and Smidge's morning workout. She may have tried just asking one of them, only for them to offer her a "firsthand experience," to which Laguna would agree.

Getting bitten by a Rock-coon can infect an unvaccinated Troll with Rock-bies, a disease that causes the afflicted Troll to develop the attitude of a Hard Rock Troll (if they aren't one already). It also harbors the same symptoms as heatstroke, making the infected feel as though all of their bodily fluids have been replaced with magma... until their body succumbs to the heat.

Given that Synth and Trollex are both voiced by Latino voice actors, would it be racist to believe that one or both of them might be fluent in Spanish? I mean, it'd sure come in handy for encounters with Reggaeton Trolls (and maybe even befriending them).

There'll definitely be a female Funk Troll voiced by Keke Palmer or Tiffany Haddish.

TrollsTopia has a secret coalition of Trolls who, since the formation of TrollsTopia, have been upstaged and/or outclassed at whatever they do best. For instance, Master ConTroll might be in the group after losing multiple compliment rap battles against Funk Trolls, Techno Trolls, and even Tiny Diamond.

King Trollex might be something of a boy/girl magnet in-universe, and not just because of his royal status.

Branch would undeniably look handsome in a sweater vest. Just ask any Troll; they'd agree. Especially Poppy.

Nothing can convince me that bouldering (harness-free rock-climbing) wouldn't be a popular Hard Rock sport. Once they get to the top, the next thing to do is dive down (and most importantly, look awesome while doing it).

Tiny might take offense to being called a baby (despite being less than a year old).

After the birdseed incident in "Glitter Rush," Synth stopped sharing his ideas at Tribal Council meetings.

Lownote Jones always tries to avoid crying... because he's so cool that his tears literally freeze into ice crystals within his tear ducts. It's just as excruciatingly painful as it sounds.

It's actually possible for a Techno Troll to be able to swim up a waterfall; however, that Techno Troll would need tremendous strength and high levels of endurance.

There's a Critter called a Funk Skunk that, unlike real-life skunks, can emit toxic fumes. Rhythm is terrified of them.

Some Troll has invented a practical bath toy called Scrubbly-Bubbly. It's a squeaky octopus with loofah tentacles (that can spin) and a built-in shampoo dispenser.

Techno eggs are round (like real-life fish eggs) with the same color as the unhatched baby's heart, and they start to glow as they hatch. Taking the egg to raves is considered to be vital to the baby's development.

Branch used to be considered "The Least Cute Troll in Existence." Of course, this was only by the Pop Trolls.

Branch has zero tolerance for grandma insults. Val learned this the hard way while arm-wrestling with him.

Neurodivergency is very common among Techno Trolls, along with speaking fluent French.

All of the Troll tribes have a different view on the lifeguard position: the Funk Trolls largely believe that lifeguards look amazing while saving lives, with many (including Cashmere) viewing them like heartthrob celebrities; the Pop Trolls' view of lifeguards is modeled after Branch- smart, caring, safety-conscious, and lovable; the Country and Classical Trolls don't swim that often, so they generally might not think too strongly about lifeguards one way or the other; lifeguarding is a highly respected and aspirational career path among the Techno Trolls, and it's customary for Techno royalty (including King Trollex) to be trained in lifeguard procedures from a very young age; finally, the Hard Rock Trolls desperately need lifeguards, despite (or because of) their stigma against the "whistle-blowing buzzkills."

The only requirement for a Troll to have a baby is for the parent to genuinely and wholeheartedly want one.

Laguna cries on the inside.

Forte is terrified of Hard Rock Trolls and has been mistaken for a girl on more than one occasion.

Techno Trolls like to keep their smiles as bright as their glowsticks, and Techno toothpaste (which is swallowable) frequently contains sea salt, pearl extract, and/or seaweed.

After learning the aforementioned fact, Guy Diamond decided to create a special bubble-bath formula using pearl extract. It's called Pearly Bubbles, and it was a huge success, especially with Tiny (or MasterClass60's OC, Jasmine) as the spokesTroll.

You know how excessive use of hair products can lead to poor hair health? Well, Trolls might consider aggressive brushing and combing to be analogous to self-injury because of how much damage it does to the hair and scalp.

The Hard Rock Trolls all take being called "cute" as an insult.

Laguna sleeps in a nightgown based on a striped dolphin. It even has a hood.

Synth is really good at giving massages

Laguna's middle name is Athena.

Some types of Trolls, such as Hard Rock, Hip Hop, and K-Pop, are born with their ears pre-pierced.