101DS Oneshot: Deja Vu's First Solo Job

A fabulous trio of prima-divas. That's how Triple-D have always been viewed. It seemed that nobody- not even their own family- saw their individual personalities: that Destiny was a deep, philanthropic intellectual, that Dallas was the glam one, or that Deja Vu... just did whatever the other two did.

Eventually, Destiny and Dallas decided that they'd had enough. There was only one way to get everyone to see each of their unique traits: start doing solo gigs. Deja Vu was against this idea due to her working better in a group, but when it came down to a vote, the circle-wearing airhead was obviously outnumbered.

So there she was, at a studio holding auditions for a Energy Bones commercial. As she waited in the queue, she caught glimpses of the other dogs' attempts, all critiqued by a tan-skinned, strawberry-blonde woman dressed in a dark-green dress with long black sleeves. The only requirement was being able to jump up and catch the tossed treats. However, the actor holding the treats (a Caucasian man with wavy blonde hair) was throwing those treats really fast (at least from Deja Vu's perspective). This, along with the thought of having to do it all on her own, made Deja Vu toot in nervousness.

Delgado, who was accompanying his ditzy sister to provide encouragement and support, quickly detected her nervous toot, which prompted him to turn towards her and say, "You feelin' nervous, DV?"

Deja Vu didn't say anything, instead nodding with a whimper. Delgado glanced over to the current auditionee, a black-and-tan Dachshund that tried to catch a treat while standing on their hind legs, only to fall over. The wheelchair-bound Dalmatian then said to his sister, "At least you won't have to worry much about some other dog getting the role first."

"But it looks so hard!" Deja Vu whined, "And I don't even have Destiny or Dallas to show me what to do."

Just then, her amputee brother got an idea. "Hey, sis, what if you tried catching the treats in a backflip?"

"A back-what?" Deja Vu was clearly confused, so Delgado responded, "Here, like this."

Delgado crouched his forelegs down before using them to push his whole body upwards and backwards. While in midair, Delgado tucked his body to start turning, ending the whole trick with a graceful dismount and a confident smile. This left Deja Vu, as well as the other auditionees, speechless with their mouths agape.

By the time Delgado had performed that mini-stunt, Deja Vu was the next one up. However, for some reason, the director picked him up. The wheelchair-bound pup was quite confused by this, but then he thought, Maybe I could just give Deja Vu a little example.

  The director placed him on the set and declared, "And go!"

  On cue, the actor shook the box of treats, prompting Delgado to dash right into the room. The actor took out a treat and tossed it into the air, which Delgado caught in a perfect backflip. "Perfect!" the director applauded.

  As he made his way off the set, he gave his circle-wearing sister a little wink. Deja Vu, now understanding the trick somewhat better, strutted onto the set mark. "And go!"

  The actor shook the treat box, and Deja Vu came running in, only to trip over the rug. The director forgivingly stated, "Let's try that again."

  In the retry, Deja Vu jumped up and caught the treat, but she wound up landing on her face.

  Later that night, Triple-D were heading home from their first-ever separate gigs.

  "Of course, as soon as I stepped onto the set," Destiny boasted about scoring a gig for a woodland zoo ad, "the other auditionees knew they wouldn't stand a chance."

  "Yeah," Dallas followed up, "if humans were just a little smarter, they'd know that I happen to be the obvious spokespup for Princess Paw collars."

  The girls giggled a bit before Destiny turned to Deja Vu and asked, "So, Deja Vu, how was the Energy Bones audition?"

  "It was fun," the circle-wearing airhead answered cheerfully before hearing a knock and leaving to check on it. With their ditzy sister gone, Dallas whispered, "Bet she bombed it," eliciting giggles from both of them.

  Meanwhile, Deja Vu approached the origin of the knock: the lift, which was holding Delgado. The wheelchair-wearing pup hopped out and said, "You remember which gigs we're each doing, right?"

  "I'll do the ads for the Sushi, Chicken, and Ramen flavors," she responded, to which Delgado continued, "I'll do the ones for Beef, Seafood, and Bone Broth, and neither of us tell Destiny or Dallas."

  "You got a deal!" Deja Vu declared as she and Delgado shook paws, before commenting, "I still can't believe they really make broth out of bones."

  "I know," the amputee pup agreed, "creepy, right? Sounds perfect for someone like Portia."

  The two then shared a laugh while hugging.