Backyardigans Headcanon: Austin Home Life Revision and More!

Remember the chapter where I discussed what I thought the Backyardigans' families and hobbies might look like? Well, since then, I've come up with different ideas.

  First off, Austin could have an older sibling (probably a sister), and one of his grandparents might sign him up for kickboxing (in addition to robotics, ballet, and drum lessons) to toughen him up.

  Next up is Pablo. I think that with his mother working long hours at the hospital on weekdays, Pablo would fix his own lunches (or get them from the cafeteria), handle the household chores (his mom might leave a list) after the school bus ride home from school, and maybe run errands by himself if needed. Because of this, Pablo might've developed quite an array of homemaking skills, such as cooking (at least on a basic level), cleaning, sewing, doing laundry, and gardening... the latter of which could culminate in him and Uniqua starting a community garden. Despite all of these responsibilities, Pablo always makes time to play with his friends, maybe even teaching them some of what he knows (and having a study group with them).

  Also, he wouldn't need swimming lessons (y'know, 'cause he's a penguin), his accordion lessons and soccer practice would be on the weekends, and he might have mixed feelings about his therapy sessions with Dr. Millers: it's nice to talk with her, but having to visit her tends to throw off his routine.

  Then there's Tasha. I've decided on two fathers for her: one a photographer, and the other a fisherman (or maybe an anchorman). I can't decide whether to keep her gymnastics class or transfer that to Uniqua and give Tasha something else. What do you guys think?

  Speaking of Uniqua, anyone thinking she could pull off a hot-pink dress with lavender accents? Just a random thought, but anyway, I think that whenever she doesn't have someone to play (or just spend time) with her, she gets super-lonely. Maybe she's also the subject of bullying and ridicule at school due to being considered "a fake animal" and a "freak." She might not want to tell anyone about this, wanting to maintain her reputation as a "cheery sweetie-pop" (I think Nancy-Anne and/or Lauren would call Uniqua this). Also, she'd definitely take clarinet lessons (she might even develop a crush on her instructor).

  Last but not least is Tyrone. I still think violin lessons and hockey practice still suit him quite nicely, but his dad (whose name could also Bruce, George, or Neal) might wear glasses, and who knows? Maybe there could be an episode where Tyrone gets them as well. Also, what do y'all think about Tyrone's parents having another baby? Please let me know in the comments below!