𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter thirty-one !
(takes place during 2x09 'Special Education')

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT TO BLAME, RIGHT?"

Cleo Huang's voice was somehow a combination of both soft and stern as she spoke to Luna, who was sitting on the couch across from her.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows at the adult woman's words. She swallowed thickly as she finally decided to make eye contact with the Chinese-American woman who was currently staring back at her.

It had been a hot minute since Luna had attended a therapy session with Cleo. Though their appointments had been pretty regular during the summer, when school started back up, they started to slow down ever-so-slightly. Of course, this only ended up happening because Luna felt as though she was ready for the appointments to become less regular.

To be fair, she was doing pretty well up until recent events happened. The whole Karofsky thing, as trivial as it may seem to others, what with her having no lasting injuries or threats to her life, had made her take a few steps backwards.

So, it looks like Luna will be seeing Cleo a bit more in the coming months.

"But, it is." She tried to insist. "I mean, I like to consider myself one of Kurt's closest friends, but I didn't even notice how badly Karofsky was bullying him."

The Moretti girl's voice was timid and small as she brought her gaze away from Cleo and down to the sleeves of her knit sweater, where she idly played with the frayed ends of it.

There was a beat of silence between the two of them before Luna sighed.

"I just keep thinking that. . ." She then trailed off.

Cleo adjusted her position, straightening her back and peering over the tops of her square-rimmed glasses.

"Yeah?" Her therapist urged her gently.

Luna bit her lip for a brief second, before continuing to speak. "I just keep thinking that, maybe if I'd caught on sooner, or even asked him about it, maybe he'd still be at Mckinley and wouldn't have had to transfer to Dalton."

Luna's therapist nodded as she took in the words Luna had said to her. She then narrowed her eyes slightly and tilted her head at the teenager across from her.