Prologue

"Mithra stop, please don't run, listen to me stop" cried Sivaangi running behind her three year old toddler, trying to stop her from running into moving traffic, while trying to hold on to her other child.

"Mithra, please ma nillu, vandi varudhu odadha" she continued shouting helplessly.

"Nethra, please stay here, don't move let me go get her" said Sivaangi to her other daughter, left her alone there and ran behind Mithra who was about to step down from the foot path into the moving traffic.

Just when she thought she was too late, few good Samaritans who were waiting at the end of the foot path for the walking signal to turn green so that they can cross, stopped Mithra, carried her and brought her to her mother who was almost in tears now.

She thanked them wholeheartedly and brought her to Nethra who was obediently standing in the same place where her mother had left her.

"I can't believe I gave birth to both of you at the same time, why can't you be like your twin Mitthu? Why did you have to run into the moving traffic like that" asked Sivaangi trying to suppress her frustration.

"I think I saw Appa on the other side of the road, that is why I ran towards him without realizing the moving traffic, sorry ma" replied Mithra hugging her mom trying to console

"Oh god! not this again, how many times should I have to tell you girls, you both have only Amma. Please stop seeing your father in every single grown up. " said Sivaangi

Both the girls face immediately changed sad.

"Purinjuko ma, big girls thaane rendu perum, he is in India and he doesn't even know you both exist so please stop running behind random strangers calling them Appa" she added trying to convince them

"Idhellaam unga paati eh sollanum, movie pathoma, vaaya moodikittu ponomaanu illama, theva illadha introduction kuduthukittu" sighed Sivaangi in frustration

"She didn't introduce Appa to us via his movies or albums, the other day Mithra asked Paati why you are having some random actor's picture as your wall paper and for that Paati replied saying that he is our father" said Nethra, the matured one coming to her grand mother's rescue.

"Seri de, en mistake thaan ellaame podhuma, ippo solren, he is not your father, you don't have a father and this is the last time I should be hearing anything regarding your father" screeched Sivaangi in frustration when she was stopped by a voice.

"Sivaangi ma" came his voice from behind freezing her inner core but before she could react, Mithra who was facing him forcefully removed herself from Sivaangi's grip, ran and hugged the stranger's legs with her squeaky squeal "Ayi Ashwineyyy"

Nethra, the matured twin too squealed in the same amount of happiness looking at the stranger.

Ashwin completely bent himself to the height of the 3 year old and looked at her face and then looked at the face of the other who was equally excited but shy hence was peeping from behind her mother's leg.

They both were perfect photo copy of each other but that was not what astonished him, without the pig tails they will exactly look like the picture of the three year old Ashwin that is hanging in his ancestral home.

That few moments was enough for Sivaangi to compose herself. She immediately dragged Mithra from his hand hold forcibly, took the hand of Nethra in her other and started walking towards her block.

"Sivaangi nillu please" pleaded Ashwin running behind her

"Ashwin idhu India illa, Singapore, naan oru kaththu kathinena, neighborhood police varum, apporam mariyaadhai poidum, please leave us alone" hissed Sivaangi between her teeth.