Chapter 6 - Will you?

Sivaangi looked at the ceiling of her house frustrated.

 "Ivaru enna mottai maadila marathon odittu irukaaru" she thought

She continued changing the channels of her tv trying to avoid the dhom dhom effect from her ceiling caused by continuous speed walking.

Sivaangi by now knew well not to ever go near Ashwin when he is anxious and she knows how high his anxiety meter will be now owing to the fact that next day is semi final in his show.

The show had become a huge hit. The screen presence and charisma that emitted from him was enough to capture all the audiences.

How much ever people waited for his performance every week, they waited with same amount of interest and curiosity to watch the natural brewing chemistry between Ashwin and Sivaangi in spite of them not being the Jodis.

The song she dedicates for him after his every single performance not only brought both of them close but also created a magical web around them arresting people's love, as insects caught in a spider web.

Unable to tolerate anymore, she switched off the tv and started climbing the stairs

He exactly resembled like a caged tiger when she saw him. She mustered up all the courage possible and went and stood before him with open arms stopping him.

His panic stricken face looked like a boy who was waiting to appear for his board exams the next day.

He looked at her quizzically with raised eyebrows without saying anything.

The fear, the anxiety, the tension in his face melted something inside her.

She came closer to him, held his right cheek in the palm of her right hand and looked into his eyes. Not one word was spoken, but they understood each other perfectly and the conversation completed when she pressed her eyes close and open firmly, giving him the assurance he needed.

Without second thought he pulled her towards him, hugged her tight and dug his chin into her silky smooth bushy hair.  She hesitated only for a second but then her small hands went under his arms and clasped his shoulders pulling him even more into her embrace.

They would have stayed in the same position for ever but their penance got interrupted when Ashwin's mobile started ringing.

He took his mobile and answered the call. Sivaangi tried to move away from him, but he pulled her back into the embrace easily, with one hand.

Sivaangi smiled to herself, dug her cheek deep inside him and closed her eyes while he continued talking to someone on the phone

"Ok sir, sure, I will be there in the morning, thank you sir, thank you so much" said Ashwin before hanging up

He placed the mobile back in his pocket and went back to hugging her. Sivaangi lifted her face and looked at him with a huge question mark on her face

But he did not reply, but gave her a comforting and relaxed smile.

What his walking, dancing or meditation couldn't do, Sivaangi accomplished it without a single syllable like she casted some kind of spell on him.

When two souls start conversing, the words start failing and that is what happened right there.

She has always been like this with him, she knows exactly  what to say, when to say and how to say to him, at the same time when to be completely silent. Be it her words of encouragements or her songs or her shoulder taps or this kind of silent moments, it blasts him with the positive energy that lacked in his life completely, until now.