Chapter 8 - Past and Present

"Enga porom Ashwineyy namba?" asked Sivaangi looking at Ashwin who was busy chopping carrots and capsicum.

"Edhukku ma?" he asked back while wiping his hands on a towel that was on his shoulders.

"sshhhooooo.... " sighed Sivaangi

"Onnum illa neenga unga kathrikava gavaninga" she added while picking up a neatly cut carrot and putting it in her mouth.

"Idhu kathrikaava? " asked Ashwin with a smile "Capsicum ma" 

"Romba mukkiyam" Sivaangi sighed again.

Both of them were in his room, Ashwin was busy chopping vegetables for that day's dinner while Sivaangi was sitting on a bar stool next to him, trying to get to know what are his plans for the date.

"Hey enakku indha onion cut panni kuden" he requested placing a huge onion in front of her

"Eppo vandhaalum indha onion eh thalaila kattidunga" said Sivaangi in a frustrated tone getting a sorry ma look from Ashwin. Nevertheless she started chopping it as asked.

None of her polambals created much reaction with Ashwin, he threw the cut vegetables into a sizzling pan and went away from the kitchen station to the corner of the room where he had placed his OTG

Sivaangi turned and looked at where he was going, slapped herself on her forehead and continued both onion cutting and her polambals.

"Pora interview poora naan romba romantic, most romantic person, andha ponnuku mattum andha feel kudupennu alakku vendiyaadhu, andha ponnuku dhaane theriyum kudukardhu verum vengaayamnu" she murmured in agitation

"Shall we go on a date nnu kettu 10 days aachu, oru reaction illa, enna sollanum udane yes sonnen paaru, adhaan yen arumai ungalukku purila" she continued.

Sivaangi was busy with her yapping when his hand came from behind her and placed his mobile in front of her on the cutting board.

She immediately stopped her cuttings, and checked the open screen  on his mobile. It was a reservation acknowledgement for a candle light dinner for two from one of the renowned beach restaurants in Mahabalipuram.

She was busy reading the message, that she failed to notice two manly hands that has magically appeared on either side of the kitchen slabs locking her in.

"Wow Ashiwneyy, vera level neenga, cha enakku pudicha beach restaurant, eppadi theriyum ungalukku? romba naal wish ennodadhu inga saapdanumnu....." her voice started with excitement but started trailing down when she felt his masculine scent very close to her as he placed his chin on her shoulder creating the butterfly effect.

"Enna panreenga? " she asked, her voice almost a whisper.

"Enna verum kaathudhaan varudhu? yaaro konjam nera minnaadi enna romantic illa solli accuse pannitu irundhaanga, idhu verum oru percent dhaan adhukkey moochu ulla poiduchu" he whispered in her ears making her insides flip.

He continued to test her patience rubbing his cheeks against hers but the reaction he got from her broke him into smiles and laughter

"Ayo Ashwineyy, enakku kitchu kitchaa aagudhu, enna panreenga.. " she squealed trying to move away from him.

She rolled her stool 180 degree and turned to face him.

"Eppadi Ashwineyy nee ivalo dhaadi vetchirkka? "

"Hmmkk" he gave a fake hiccup  and moved towards the stove to continue with his cooking.

"Seri sollunga, eppadi theriyum ungalukku enakku andha restaurant pudikkumnu" she asked while sautéing the onion