Chapter 27 - Heart to heart

Ashwin's hands were busy trying to book a cab while Sivaangi stood next to him staring at the abyss, her face indicating she is in great pain. 

He looked at her helplessly, he initially wanted to do something without she coming to know the truth, but since secrets were the main reason for all the chaos, he decided not to keep any secrets  between them that might turn into a disaster in the future.

"You still have one major secret with you Ashwin, better come clean before she finds it out" his conscience warned him.

"Yes, I will, but we still need to cross some more bridges before she can listen to what I say with an open mind" he convinced himself.

"Ashwin" came Lekha's voice from behind interrupting his thoughts.

"Aan Lekha, thank you so much for what you did today, that too at so much personal cost. " said Ashwin with a smile.

"It is okay Ashwin, a small deed for all the pain I caused you both all these years" Lekha replied with a depressed smile.

"Will she be ok?" Lekha asked pointing her eyes at Sivaangi who was still standing frozen, looking at nothing in particular.

"Not right away, but she will be " Ashwin replied with a warm smile.

"Okay then, I will take my leave, I have to go start packing my things to go back to India" she said with the same warm smile.

"I am sorry about this Lekha, here take this card, if you are open to work out of Chennai, idhu enga office thaan, I will talk to the manager there, he will keep your appointment order ready when you get there" said Ashwin giving her a card from his wallet.

"Thanks Ashwin , yes this will help until I find something that can cater to the big family I have that is dependent on me" replied Lekha

"Yes, it will, give me three to four months Lekha, I am planning something here, I promise, once it materializes I will bring you back here." Ashwin told her in a determined voice.

"Thanks Ashwin, I don't know what you are planning, but what ever it may be, my advice would be to be very very careful, because now Akash has lost Sivaangi's respect too, that is the one thing that was holding him back, now that it is gone, he might do anything, so please be careful" she said and started walking towards the bus stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All through the journey from the college to Ashwin's hotel room,  Sivaangi did not utter a single word. Ashwin too let her be, not interfering but his heart yearning to pull her into a hug and say everything will be okay.

When they reached his hotel room, the kids were already asleep, Sakthi looked at them both excitedly, but did not say anything looking at Sivaangi's distant eyes and Ashwin's action saying 'leave it'.

She silently went and laid down next to her kids, hugged them tight and closed her eyes. Ashwin saw this, closed the door silently behind them and came out.

"Enna boss aachu? "asked Sakthi whose face looked like a artist's canvas

"Yennad idhu?" asked Ashwin with a smile looking at his face.

"Adhu onnum illa boss, paper gaali nnu kutty rowdies rendu perum yen face eh canvas ah use pannikitaanga" Sakthi replied casually.

"Did they have dinner? Nee saaptiya? un girl friend enga" asked Ashwin while he started removing the toys that were strewn all over the floor

"Yes boss, they had one Dosa each, Nithya neenga varathuku oru 10 minutes minnadi dhaan kilambina, we already ate dinner, neengalum thalaiviyum saapteengala?" he asked back joining him in cleaning the room.