Chapter 31 - Family is everything

Sivaangi's eyes moved away from her man's face and landed on the clock on the wall which showed 9:00 am.

"Ayiyo, kids..." she squealed and jumped up which woke Ashwin too.

"Ennama" he asked struggling to open his eyes

"Ashwineyy, it is 9 am, kids would have gotten up by now and might be searching for me, thallu Ashwineyy" she panicked trying to remove his arms which were still on her waist, not letting her to get up completely.

"Ayiyo Kids inga irukaaangala? " he too started panicking

Sivaangi looked at him like he was blabbering something. 

"Of course they are here, where else would they be? " Sivaangi asked confused

"Ada iru ma, my parents don't know about them, I travelled here today just to inform them, unna paathadhula I forgot everything" Ashwin said with high panic level.

"Well, they know everything now, and yeah they are pretty mad at you for not informing them" Sivaangi chuckled looking at her man's predicament.

"Aye, enna vilayadriya, enakke recent ah dhaan theriyum, how can I tell them something that I myself discovered recently" he said getting up.

"Not my problem, nee aachu un parents aachu, naan en parenting velaya paaka poren, byeeee" she said hopping towards the door.

"Hey iru ma iru ma" Ashwin squealed behind her, but she happily disappeared behind the closed door without heeding to his calls.

"Adi paavi, ippadi maati vittutu poitaale" Ashwin sulked scratching his head.

When Ashwin came down after sulking for half an hour more, he saw Sivaangi having breakfast at the dining table along with his parents.

"Good morning pa, good morning ma " he said without actually looking at their faces but tried crossing the dining table fast before they could respond.

"Dei, nillu da" came his mother's voice which stopped him on his tracks. He closed his eyes like 'Ayo, maatikitene.'

"Maa.." he dragged with a asattu sirippu

"Vazhiyaadha, vandhu okkaru, breakfast saaptu po" she said.

Sivaangi noticed his mother cutting the idly with a scissor into bite size and placing on his plate.

She looked at this with an astonished look.

"Onnum illa ma, chinna vayasula once he stuffed a full idly in his mouth and almost choked adhula irundhu I do this, ippovum same practice" said the older woman smiling.

Sivaangi shifted her look towards Ashwin, he just shrugged his shoulders with a pride look.

"3 vayasula choke aanan nu pannine, ok , ippo 30 kazhudha vayasaagiduchu, innum idhaye panradhellaam romba over" chided his father, making Sivaangi chuckle.

"Kids enga?" Ashwin mouthed at Sivaangi silently,  trying to ask without pulling in his parents' attention

"Aan?  purila?" she asked back in a loud voice, making him face palm himself

"Kids engannu silent ah kekaraaramaa? Yenda pulla dhaan thirutu thanama pethe nnu paatha, engannu kekaradhu kooda thirudan maari dhaan keppiya" said his mother hitting him on the back of his head.

"Ma, valikudhu ma" he squealed.

Sivaangi immediately laughed

"Oh inga irundhey practice ah, light ah adichaale, valikaamaye valikara maari nadikardhu" Sivaangi exclaimed in happiness while his parents looked at her confused.