Chapter 13 - Gift from the universe

Unlike other days, breaking her routine, Sivaangi woke up before the sun that day. Why because? It is a special day. It is her man's birthday and she wanted to make it as much special as possible. She wanted hers to be the first in person wish, even though she had already wished via video call at midnight.

She looked at herself in front of the mirror. She had chosen to wear a pastel pink spaghetti sleeved silk top and she had neatly paired it with blue brocade dhoti pants. She added a full length thin, transparent baby pink cardigan to complete the look.

She tied her bushy hair into a high pony tail, wore a small gold danglers, kajal and a small bindhi between her eyebrows and she was all set. 

She tip toed out of her room, the entire house was silent as it was only 5 am, she silently left a note on the refrigerator door reminding her parents about her whereabouts, took the gift, small cake she and her mother baked the previous day and left the house.

Sivaangi started walking happily almost hopping towards Ashwin's new place which was few blocks away from hers. 

Her mind was overflowing with content and happiness, their professional career has been on a boom for the past 1 year, also Ashwin had made up with his parents and got his personal front settled too.

The moment Sivaangi met Ashwin's parents, she knew where he got the reserved nature which every one talks about so much. Sivaangi who is an expert in handling people, struggled a lot to make them comfortable, even now she is not sure whether they liked her or not.

Nevertheless, her personal front is completely settled . Her parents, the other day said they are ok whenever they both are ready to take the next step. 

And her bond with Mika, which had strained a bit after her move to Mumbai has also settled now. Thanks to Mika's new Netflix web series, where she is playing the role of a chirpy, bubbly, innocent girl, some one who has typical Sivaanginess.

Before enacting every scene, both Mika and Sivu will have an hour long call discussion and rehearsal, which helped to break the bridge that had formed between them because of her move.

She felt finally everything had fallen in place and she is ready.

Amidst all those thoughts she had reached Ashwin's place. She slowly opened the door with the spare key that Ashwin had left at her place in case of emergency and tip toed inside.

With the same cat walk, she opened his bed room door as silently as possible, went inside and closed it behind her.

She placed the cake and gift on the side table and just stood there admiring her valarndha kozhandhai who was really sleeping like a baby, covered until his neck with a duvet, crunched in an almost fetal position.

She lifted her hand slowly to wake him, but the hormones in her gave her another suggestion. She fought within herself for a while, but her logics failed in front of the rushing chemical receptors that she slowly went to the other side of the bed and climbed on.

Without causing much disturbance, she pulled the duvet up went inside and lied next to him, facing his side, cautious enough not to touch him.

Even at that time of day, despite his messy hair, his face looked like a sculptured statue. She lifted her index finger and started tracing his face, just grazing, without touching him, not wanting him to wake up.

Her finger hovered over his lips, then started moving down to his chin, to his neck, slowly to his chest, and stopped with a jerk when it failed to find any clothing.

Despite being wild, an immediate electric shock creeped all over her body, she slowly traced her hands backwards, to his lips and stopped right there.