Chapter 39 - The D-day

Sivaangi looked at herself in the mirror. The day which she thought she will never have in her life is finally here. From her childhood if there is one thing that she had dreamed of constantly is her wedding, but now that it is finally happening it doesn't resemble in any way to her dreams.

"Evalo azhaga irukka theriyuma? " Mika came from behind and hugged her sister and kissed her on her cheeks.

"Thanks Mika" Sivaangi said with emotional eyes and smile

"Hey, enna pre wedding jitters ah? why is your face like this? " Mika asked.

"Illa, I never thought this day would ever come in my life, but now that it is here, it feels so surreal and overwhelming" Sivaangi replied.

"Everything is going to be ok, vaa unna kootitu vara sonnaanga" Mika said and pulled her along with her.

"Illa, konjam oru maari padhattama irukku, I know I haven't done anything wrong and we both are equally involved in whatever happened between us, but somehow the society judges the women alone, it forces us to feel guilty of something that is not a mistake at all and all this is because of some age old misogynistic pre conceptions. Generally the walk of the bride towards the stage is something everyone admires and adores, but why do I feel that more than that I will be looked with judgmental eyes" Sivaangi said with sad eyes

"Enkoodave vaa Mika nee, please don't leave me alone." Sivaangi pleaded.

"Hey loose-u, un overthinking moolai konjam thooki podu, people are going to judge regardless of what we do, adhukellaam namma happiness eh adagu vekka koodaadhu, and no one is going to leave you alone, ippo vaa time aagiduchu, once the ceremony begins you will feel alright" Mika said holding her hand tight locking their fingers

They both stood in front of the door, Sivaangi took a deep breath and nodded her head encouraging Mika to open the door.

And there he was standing and waiting with his ever charming smile carrying both his daughters on each of his hands.

Sivaangi looked at him shocked, while he looked at her mesmerized.

She looked absolutely divine and ethereal in a lemon yellow silk saree bordered with green and pink gopuram border. She chose to wore simple gold jewelry instead of temple ones, which made her look even more pure and real. The make up artist as per her wishes made her makeup natural and ethnic making her more beautiful.

His eyes gave her back all the confidence she wanted and wiped away all the doubts she had.

"Amma, all three of us are wearing yellow, matching matching, see " Mithra squealed interrupting the silent conversation happening between her parents.

"Aaama kutty ma, amma kitta vaa" she said stretching her hand out.

"Illa un dress kalanjidum, I can carry them, vaa polaam" Ashwin said looking at her.

"Enga ponum? you go and wait there, I will come with Mika, serndhu ellam medaikku poga koodadhu" Sivaangi argued.

"The time for you to handle and face things alone is done, now that I am here, I am not going to let you face anything alone, edhunaalum serndhu face pannuvom, happiness, sadness, judgement, oorukku dhaan indha kalyanam, from the second I said that I love you, you have been my wife, it is time to show the world that. " Ashwin said with a smile and his eyes reflected the strength of his words

"Adhukunu, I am not saying I am some macho man, here to protect you and you are not some fragile human who needs protection from me, all I am saying is, now that we have each other, we can be dependent on each other and we don't have to face the world alone anymore, so Sivaangi Krishnakumar, my love, my life, the mother of my children, will you walk with me now and for the rest of my life" Ashwin asked stretching his palm towards her.