Chapter 4 - Sivaangi ma

Sivaangi came down the stairs for the nth time without knocking on his door. She stood at the bottom of the stairs staring towards his room's direction her finger nails bit up to the cuticle.

She turned towards the car park, his car was there, which means he is at home, he has mostly been at home, "then why?" she thought

It had been more than three days since any one at her home had seen Ashwin. It is not like he had holed up in his room, the presence-absence of his car clearly indicated that he is moving around, but playing a perfect game of hide and seek.

In the past one month since Ashwin had moved in, they have bonded well as a family. Be it the discussion he has with her father regarding the pan Indian movie industries,  sitting on the verandah, whenever they both got free time or sincerely admiring her and her mother's singing every evening  or joining Mika for an occasional run, he had always been there.

As far his bond with Sivaangi, he had never shied away from flirting with her, but with decency. None of his cheesy lines or actions had ever crossed its limits making him the perfect gentle man in her dictionary. 

She would be lying to herself if she said that she didn't like him flirting with her, after all what woman wouldn't like a man who looks like Zeus trying to flirt and grab her attention. 

From day one itself Sivaangi knew Ashwin is not going to be some random stranger in her life. She fell for his looks on the very first day which she thinks she had hid from him perfectly not knowing that her look towards him is what gave him the courage to flirt and be comfortable with her.

She also thinks that all her care, concern, sight adichifying, making excuses to meet him, talk with him, stay with him has been subtle and not obvious, but again she was wrong here as well as she was the only one who thought that way, her actions were crystal clear not only to Ashwin but to her entire family.

It was not her care alone that was transparent but his too, at least she had felt it. Whatever he felt towards Sivaangi was not confined to flirting alone, but beyond that, as he had also proved his immense care for her.

Her mind went back to that day's incident.

Sivaangi looked down at the long rows of stairs spiraling down like a python. A chillness creeped inside, freezing her not letting her take one step forward. 

Sivaangi has this weird phobia of climbing down the stairs, especially the stranger ones. She has to become used to the stairs to get friendly with it like her house ones or the ones in her shooting spot or the one at the MC production house. 

That day she, Mika and Ashwin had come to a designing studio for a fitting for Ashwin for the promo introductory shoot of his show.

The studio belonged to Mika's friend who is an upcoming designer and Mika thought she would make the perfect designer for Ashwin. Both of them decided to meet her today and Sivaangi had joined them because she was bored at home and her inherent possessive nature did not want to leave Ashwin and Mika alone more than necessary, even though she knew neither Mika nor Ashwin had any such intentions towards each other.

"This took more time than I had anticipated Ashwin, I need to go to meet my modelling agent, can you drop Sivaangi at home?" asked Mika looking at her watch.

Ashwin looked around and saw Sivaangi inside a musical instrument shop keenly looking at a keyboard.

"No problem, I ll take care, thanks again Mika for this, I really liked Anushya's collections and her thought process is fresh. " replied Ashwin.

"Thanks edhukku Ashwin, pleasure is all mine, I am happy that I am able to help two of my friends at the same time, okay bye then" she said and went inside the musical instrument shop.