Chapter 2 - Kulu kulu venpani pola

"Aama neenga single ah committed ah ?" she asked looking at him curiousness overflowing in her eyes.

Ashwin looked at her surprised and started walking towards her slowly making her walk backwards. He stopped right when she hit the rails of the stairs, with only few centimeters distance between them, he looked down into her eyes and asked

"Single ah irundha enna pannuva? committed ah irundha enna pannuva?" 

She looked up at him back boldly without any reaction to his close proximity and replied

"Enakku onnum prachanai illa pa, naan oru azhagana ponnu, orey veetla vera irukkom, theva illama neenga edhavadhu crush -uu, feelings ellam develop pannikitta ungalukku dhaan prachanai" swinging her hands casually in front of her.

Her casual reply instantly amused him, against his usual reserved character Ashwin found himself doing something he had never done with a girl before,  'Flirting'.

He moved even more closer, placed both his hands on the rails locking her in and replied

"Already first time paatha udane feelings, crush ellaam vandhuduchunu sonna?",  in his warm voice making her spine stir with chillness.

Sivaangi gulped strongly speechless for a moment, but recovered instantly and replied

"Enna kalaikureengala?,  Kadha vidreenganu solluven.. " and removed his hand forcibly from the rails and started climbing down

"Aalayum size-um paaru, crush aam feeling aam" she murmured leaving a chuckling Ashwin behind.

Ashwin looked around the room, it looked empty and serene,  whatever little furniture he has will be arriving via the movers in the evening. He sat down on the floor a small depressed feeling slowly creeping inside him.

From the moment Ashwin chose the entertainment industry, he had always been a loner, and his very intensive reserved nature did not do him any favor in getting closer to people. The continuous failures he had faced since then along with snide remarks and insults from his relatives,  slowly started pushing him towards depression. 

"Oru 10 minutes minnadi nee onnum depressed ah illaye Ashwin",  his conscience questioned him reminding him of Sivaangi,  making his lips curve into a smile instantly.

"True, it is not crush or anything like he teased her, but there definitely was a warmth, when she was near" he thought.

Without letting him divulge in his thoughts too much his mobile rang

"Hello Ashwin, enna decide pannirkeenga? are you ready to commit to the reality show? " asked the producer

"Therila Preethi, this is an out and out fun show, dance is something I am passionate about, but not well versed to be in a competitive arena, so I am not sure if I can fit in" replied Ashwin skeptically

"We believe in you Ashwin, we think you will make a perfect candidate for the show, take some more time , think, and let us know by tomorrow, bye " said the producer before hanging up.

Ashwin opened the french window, stepped out deep in thoughts when he saw her busy hanging the wet clothes for drying, he felt his mood immediately change reminding him of their last interaction.

"Ara adi irundhukittu azhagaana ponaam la" he thought

"Azhaga dhaan da irukka.. cute ah, kutty button maadhiri" he also added another thought contradicting to his previous one.

He tiptoed silently and came very close behind her, bent down his head to reach her ears and said

"Hi, Miss. Azhagu ponnu" in a husky voice