Chapter 28 - The word

Ashwin looked at her frozen with shock unable to comprehend what he just heard.

"No Ashwin, mudiyaadhu" she repeated those words again, which made him freeze.

"It is ok ma, I understand, but may I know the reason? if it is time, then yes, I accept , but if you are still angry, I have no idea what else to do to make you accept me" he said looking away, trying to pull in the tears that were on the verge of falling down.

Sivaangi did not reply but continued to look at his distressed face with a suppressed smile enjoying his disappointment little longer. 

"Okay Ashwin, you want to know the reason, let me give you a few" she paused while he continued to look away not wanting to show her his tear filled eyes.

Is this how you propose? there is no grand gesture, there is no flowers, no getting down on the knee, how do you expect me to accept if you don't tick even one check box of being a romantic person" she said with a muffled chuckle, making him turn his head towards her in such a swift motion that he almost sprained his neck.

"Seri adhellaam vidunga, oru ring kooda illa, mudiyaadhu, mudiyaadhu, ippadi ellaam ketta othukka mudiyaadhu" she added.

"Hey rowdy!" he exclaimed pulling her closer to him, she wrapped her legs happily around his waist, aiding him to pull her easily.

"Oru nimisham sathyama bayandhuten ma, but ring ah venum?" he asked raising a single eyebrow

"Of course, without a ring, how can there be a proposal?" she asked giggling.

"Appo idha enna panra plan eh?" he asked pulling her long gold chain from inside her dress.

The ring he gave four years back on his birthday dangled against her chest now serving as a locket to her chain.

"Hey, how did you know?" she exclaimed now.

"Do you really have to ask, after what happened between us before you left to the party? " he asked, pulling her into a hug and kissing her below her ears, making her insides knot and her face pink.

She lost herself for few minutes, letting him do whatever he wanted with her, but a sudden realization made her stop him on his tracks, making him grunt.

"Ashwineyyy. oru nimisham" she said pulling herself away from him.

"Aarghh.. neeyum un timing sense-um irukkey.. shaabhaah!! sollu ma enna" he said trying not to show his frustration on his face.

"Ada iru Ashwineyy, answer this for me, naan ring eh evalo bathrama vetchurken, neenga enna pannineenga naan kudutha ring eh?" she asked

"Yaarukku theriyum, adhu engayaavadhu irukkum ninaikaren, ippo romba mukkiyam paaru" he replied casually, pulling her back, trying to get back to where he had left off,  getting a death stare from her.

"Ring eh tholachiteengala? appo avalo dhaan la, seri ok, naan thoonga poren, good night" she said trying to get up from his lap, when he pulled her back.

"Iru ma,  naan edhayum tholaikaa maaten, appadi tholacha thiruppi kidaikara varaikum  thedaama vidamaaten" he said removing his watch.

He opened his watch's back side to reveal a secret compartment where the ring was safely placed. 

"You are my pulse kannama, that is why I have the ring near my wrist, reminding me every single day  the reason behind its ticking is you and only you." he added looking at her with eyes overflowing with purest form of love.

"Ashwineyy" she squealed hugging him tight, kissing him all over his face with happiness, her lips moving slowly from his cheeks to his ears.

"Dialogue ellam unga movie dialogue maari cheesy ah irukku Ashwineyy, next time konjam normal ah try pannunga" she whispered while nibbling on his earlobes, making him chuckle and gasp at the same time.