Chapter 5 - Inimel Dhaan

Ashwin stood in front of the mirror, his eyes almost filling up in frustration and embarrassment. 5 years ago when he defied his parents and came to the K town, he thought he would have established himself as a decent actor by now, yet he is in a green room of a reality show, something he loathed doing hoping it will give him the boost he needs in his career without any hope at all.

He sat down and looked into the DMs of his fans,  who had been with him from his early stages of career. Some were heartwarming, some questioning as to why did he take such a decision knowing the reputation of the television the program is going to get aired and some were outright asking him to quit, if this is what he had to resort to as a final leap.

He threw his phone away, placed his head on his open palms when his mobile beeped.

A familiar name came on the notification screen.

He opened her message and a smile bloomed on his face instantly

"Enna Ashwin, thalaila kai vetchutu ukkandhitu irukeengala? Ellathayum naan paathukaren, feel pannama, vandhu unga best kudunga, you will rock the show, all the best " Sivaangi had messaged him.

Her message instantly lifted his mood, he got up with new muscle and new power to face the day.

"Hello vanakkam, welcome, swagatham to Dancing Jodis season 2" screamed Rakshan, the male anchor looking at the camera.

"Unga ellarukum pudicha show Dancing jodis is now back with a bang with a set of new contestants" he added clapping his hands

"neenga ninaikalaam, ennada dancing jodis sollittu ivan thaniya irukaanenu, indha season along with new Jodis we are going to have a new anchor too, Yaarunu paakareengala? Unga ellarayum thannoda then kuralala star singer la vasiyam senja Sivaaangiiiii" he finished with claps

The door opened and Sivaangi came running and hopping in a pastel peach colored full length Georgette gown.

"Welcome anchor Sivaangi" said Rakshan shaking her hands

"Hi Rakshan ney, eppadi irukeenga?" She asked smiling at him

The introduction about the show went on with them discussing the format and welcoming the two judges Sandy master and Sridhar master.

"Ipoo, it is time to welcome our Jodis" said Rakshan and they started welcoming one pair after other until it was time to welcome the last pair

"Anney anney, naanu naanu" said Sivaangi pointing to herself in a jiffy moment indicating she wanted to announce

"Yedhukkuuuu? naan dhaane 6 pairs announce panninen?"  asked Rakshan teasing her.

"7 en lucky number ney adhaan" she added sheepishly

"Seri ok, go ahead" said Rakshan handing over the welcoming bouquet to Sivaangi

"Let's welcome the last and final Jodi for this season, Ashwin Kumar and Sunitha" she announced

The door opened and Ashwin came in wearing a blue blazer paired with white shirt and pant and blue shoes and Sunitha was seen wearing sky blue and white mixed floor length off shoulder gown.

Sivaangi clapped twice harder than others for them, came and gave him the bouquet welcoming him.

"Sivaangi naanum irukken" Sunitha reminded her

"Rendu perukum dhaan" said Sivaangi blushing

They both started dancing for kannum kannum nokia from Anniyan, so excellently and gracefully that when they were done the whole set roared into appreciation.