Chapter 22-Time to heal

Even though Ashwin was facing the other side he was able to feel the set of piercing eyes on his back. Before entering the kitchen, he stopped and turned towards them.

Sivaangi was sitting on the single seater of the sofa which showed only her profile to Ashwin whereas Akash was sitting on the three seater facing Ashwin directly with Nethra and Mithra on either side of him, busy looking at the bag of confectionaries he had bought them.

"Nethra ma, Mithra ma, Appa kooda vaanga, let Uncle and amma talk at peace" said Ashwin giving an extra stress to the words 'Appa' and 'Uncle' looking into Akash's eyes.

The slight flicker in Akash's eyes was all he needed to see to confirm his doubts.

Nethra and Mithra immediately kept the bag on the sofa and ran towards their father. Ashwin lifted both of them while his eyes stayed fixated on Akash sending slight chills through him.

He stared at him for few more seconds and moved towards the rest room carrying both in his hands

"Thanks Akash for coming immediately, nallavela his fever is gone now and hopefully it doesn't come back, but yesterday fully his status was horrible that it scared me, that is why I called you" said Sivaangi apologetically.

"That is ok, but what is it Sivaangi? are you both living together now?" asked Akash with little disgust

Sivaangi who was extremely exhausted did not notice that in his tone.

"Illa Akash, nethu dhaan he came here, because it will be easy for me to take care of him, actually he was against it at first" justified Sivaangi

"Adhellaam summa nadichirpaan appo dhaane nee kenji kootitu vandhirppa" murmured Akash silently.

"Ennadhu? enna munu munukara Akash, sathama sollu" asked Sivaangi

"Illa, feels like you are giving him too much space than he deserves" said Akash now his anger evident in his tone.

"Mind your words Akash, who are you to decide what he deserves and what not? " replied Sivaangi with the same amount of anger.

"Who am I to decide? are you seriously asking that question to me Sivaangi?" asked Akash very much hurt.

"Let us see, I am the one whom you came crying to when he ditched you after getting you pregnant, I am the one who bought you safely to SG, I am the one who got you your current job, I am the one who accompanied you to your doctor visits when your parents were unavailable, I am the one who gave the shoulder to cry on every time you broke down, I am the one who gave you the assurance when you felt the whole world is ending, finally I was the one who held Nethra and Mithra first when they bought them out of the delivery room. Even after that I have been there for them and you every step of the way and now that he is here, you have the nerve and audacity to ask who I am right? " Akash literally burst out all his pent up anger.

Sivaangi looked at him frozen, like she was slapped on her face

"I am sorry Sivaangi but did you forget that he is the reason for everything that happened to you?" asked Akash

"No Akash, I am the reason for everything that happened to me,  but that is none of your business, now thank you for coming, I don't want to shout at you and erase the beautiful friendship we had all these years. As you clearly listed out, yes you have done so much for me, you have been my pillar of support, my go to person all these years and so I am willing to give you one free pass and forget today happened, using it or not using it is up to you. But know this,  Ashwin is part of my life, if you want me in your life, then you should be willing to accept him too" said Sivaangi sternly looking into Akash's eyes.