Chapter 36 - Time for family

"Illa Sivu, let me stay at the hotel it self, I am feeling a bit awkward" Mika replied when Sivaangi asked her to live along with them at Ashwin's house, until the marriage.

"Idhula enna awkward Mika, you are my sister and Ashwin's parents are so sweet, avanga onnum solla maatanga" Sivaangi replied while packing the kids bags.

"I know, I have met his mother, she had visited us a few times when I was living in Ashwin's house, they know everything, the problem is not his parents.." dragged Mika

"Hey.. enna solra Mika? are you worried about our parents? " Sivaangi asked shocked

"I won't call it worried Mika, some unsettling feeling, not even anger, disappointment may be? I can understand why you avoided me? but them? they are my parents, evalo reasons sonnalum I am some how not able to come to peace with that. Do you know how much it hurts to have a feeling of being orphaned when you have had the most loving family? A lot, it hurts a lot" Mika said looking at herself in the full size mirror.

"Hey, un kovam, varutham, edhu naalum show it on me, I am the sole reason, please avanga paavam, I was the one who put them in that situation, forcing them to make a choice, they were cornered when the doctor's advised any agitation to my mental health can end up in an abortion. Ennakaaga and indha kozhandhainga well being kaanga dhaan they did it. Naan dhaan reason, please Mika, if you have really forgiven me, prove it by forgiving them. " Sivaangi pleaded.

Mika did not reply, but just nodded her head.

The journey back from Ooty to Coimbatore went on in complete silence, each one of them immersed in their own thoughts and kids sleeping due to over exertions.

Sivaangi's mother was busy discussing food arrangements with Ashwin's mother when they entered the house.

"Uff, you guys are finally back home safe, inimel until the wedding is done, engayum poga koodaadhu" said Ashwin's mother, lifting sleeping Mithra off Ashwin's shoulders.

"Aamam Sivu, kalyanam time la ippadi trip poradhellaam advisable illa, even if something coincidental happens, even if we don't believe in superstitions, manasu unnecessary ah confused aagum, so please don't " said Sivaangi's mother getting Nethra from her.

They waited at the entrance it self until both the grandmothers are back after leaving the kids on their bed.

"Enna angaye ninnuttu irukeenga? poi change pannitu vaanga, food ready ah irukku" said Ashwin's mother

" neenga vaanga Sivaangi amma, namakku neraya velai irukku" she added trying to pull Sivaangi's mother who was standing there frozen.

She too turned her attention properly towards the entrance and noticed Mika standing there now along with Ashwin and Sivaangi

"Ada Aathmika, vaa vaa, eppadi irukka? evalo varusham aachu paathu, ulla vaa" Ashwin's mother came forward playing the host, but Mika's eyes were on her mother.

Ashwin signaled at his mother, who in turn signaled the workers and slowly they all left the place silently, leaving the mother and daughters alone.

Mika slowly moved forward and hugged her mother tight, who reciprocated the hug with same intensity.

She couldn't speak anything, the only syllable that left her mouth was 'Amma', she just kept on repeating it again and again as she continued to hug her mother.

"Mika" came a familiar voice from behind, which made her leave her mother and turn towards its direction

"Appa!" she said in an yearning tone amidst all tears.