Chapter 25 - Romance is in the air

"Please Sivaangi ma, just oru one and half hours avalodhaan, kids are also asleep, please please" Ashwin pleaded

"But why? enakku foot ball pathi onnume theriyaadhu Ashwineyy" Sivaangi whined back

"I am not asking you to watch with me, you can do anything you want but just sit with me please" he again pleaded

"Adhaan edhukku? I was planning on catching up on few of my series' episodes" she again whined

"you can watch sitting here, on your tab, last two matches you sat here and did some work and both matches MU won, inikku romba important match ma adhaan kekaren please" he asked with a cute pout

"Seri okay.. but appo enakku poi french fries panni konduvaanga, then I will sit here" she started bargaining

"Yedhey!, night 9:30 kku french fries ah? " Ashwin asked shocked

"Aamam appo dhaan inga okkaruven" she said her head held high

Ashwin looked at the clock, the match was about to start in 15 minutes. He looked at her helplessly.

"Seri pozhachu ponga, but naalikku you have to make something special for me" she said and sat down on the other end of the sofa with her air pods and tab.

Ashwin happily immersed himself in the match. As he had predicted, his lucky charm did her magic and MU scored 2 goals while the opponent was zero.

Just then Sivaangi realized her mobile was in charge and she went to her room to get it, when Ashwin came and dragged her back

"2-0 irundhom, nee ezhundu pona, next second opponent goal pottuntaanga, I am sorry I am not going to let you get up until the match is done" he said and sat her next to him, very close and shoulder hugged her, creating butterflies in her stomach.

She found it very hard to concentrate on her series when being in such close proximity with him, whereas he immersed himself completely in the match.

She lifted and looked at his face, her eyes slowly roamed from his forehead, to his razor sharp eyes, down to his lips, giving her memories that made her insides burn. Her eyes slowly went down to his chin, it looked like it has been chiseled by one of the best sculptor in the world. She continued to admire him lost in her own world and thoughts.

"Mkkrummm" Ashwin cleared his throat, snapping her out of the trance.

She lifted her head and looked at his face, she saw his eyes were still on the TV screen but his lips were clearly curved with a smirk and his eyes were clearly smiling indicating "Maatikiteenga madam" making her go pink with blush.

He turned and looked at her, with a single eyebrow raise making her go red even more.

She immediately pulled her away from his grasps, went and sat on the other end of the sofa, but he followed her and again sat very close to her.

"Enna Ashwineyy try panra?" she asked her voice almost a whisper.

"Naan onnum pannalaye nee series paaruma" he said in a teasing tone, his eyes on the TV again.

"Appadiya?" Sivaangi said and moved herself to his lap and garlanded her hands around his neck and started watching her tab, making him loose his breath.

Her soft hair against his face, her familiar scent against his nose, her lips few inches away from his, started making him go crazy that he totally forgot everything about the match and turned his attention completely towards the cute ponnu on his lap.

"Match eh paaru Ashwineyy" said Sivaangi with a "karma is a boomerang sir " look, but even she struggled hard to concentrate on anything but him that she turned and looked at him, her eyes clearly yearning for him to complete the 'sorrY' which he left half way the other day.