Chapter: 44 - The Good in everyone

Nostalgia hit Sivaangi very hard the moment she stepped into the  college again. This is not just a building, college or a place of earning for her, this is the place that gave her refuge when she thought she had lost everything in her life. This is the place that accepted her whole heartedly without spewing any venom of judgement. This is the place that let her take a relaxed breath after months of sufferings of suffocation.

This is not just any place, but a home to her. 

As she walked towards the staff lounge, every single tree, stone bench and pavement gave her happy as well as heart wrenching memories.

She left her bag at her cubicle in the staff lounge, took her notes for her first lecture and left for her class.

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but this supposed be my class",  Sivaangi said looking at the person who was lecturing her class.

The lecturer looked at her confused. 

"No, it is mine, I have been handling this class for the past 15 days, may be you got it confused, can you check with the scheduling department? " the lecturer replied politely.

"This is cross-cultural music right? " Sivaangi asked verifying her time table once again.

"Yes" the lecturer replied.

"Then I am right, this is my class, I am the only lecturer for cross cultural music in this college" Sivaangi replied confidently now with a smile.

"Not any more" a voice came from behind.

"Ennadhu idhu Akash? I don't understand" Sivaangi asked him confused

"What is there to understand? Did you think you are irreplaceable that you can walk in here any time you want? " Akash asked sarcastically.

"Anyways, let us take this further in my office"

"Sorry Ms. Vanitha, you can continue" Akash said looking at the lecturer and started walking towards his office without even noticing whether Sivaangi followed him or not.

Sivaangi followed him silently her face turning red with embarrassment and anger.

"Ignore, don't react, ignore, don't react" she kept chanting within herself so that she could keep her cool and not burst out.

Once they entered his office, Akash sat down in his seat and did not offer one for her.

"So you had taken off for almost 45 days, you are entitled for only 28 days of paid leave, apart from that you took off after your resignation which is a breech in your contract. " said Akash

"But it was approved" Sivaangi interrupted.

"Sshh.. don't interrupt, let me finish" Akash said looking at his monitor without even turning towards her.

"Due to mitigating circumstances it was decided to approve your leave, but there is only so long we can handle with substitute or guest lecturer, so we decided to hire a replacement for you. " Akash continued.

"We or I" Sivaangi asked sarcastically.

"I, I decided to replace you, the act of replacing people in a whim is not copyrighted by you " Akash replied in a strong tone finally looking at her.

"I did not replace you Akash, you are in the same place in my life as in day 1, it is you who decided that you belonged differently and now trying to create a victim scenario blaming me. I cannot take responsibility for your own imaginations" Sivaangi replied with a smirk.

"Fine, so be it! Since you have exhausted all your leaves and overrun it, we have deducted it from your salary. We also decided that since Vanitha is a better lecturer, it is sheer waste of money to pay you to serve your notice period. So as of today, you are relieved. You can collect your service letter from the front desk, return your id card, laptop and any other official products and leave the premises. Close the door behind you" Akash said turning his attention towards his monitor.