Chapter 34 - Fate's game play

Sivaangi opened the French window of their lake house and came out, she stood directly under the rays of sunlight, trying to get in the warmth of the afternoon sun,  in an other wise cold Ooty climate.

Despite being ice cold, they all had so much fun in the lake water. Sivaangi was initially hesitant in entering the water, but the three mischievous kids she has tricked her and pulled her inside.

She smiled at the thought of  how childish and at the same time protective and attentive Ashwin was when he took care of all three of them single handedly.

With the same smile she started to walk down from the house and sat down on the last step.

She could hear her kids shouting and arguing something with Ashwin regarding their dress which made her smile grow even bigger.

From the moment she accepted Ashwin into their life,  he made sure that he spent every inch of his time with the kids, taking care of all their needs like a pro,  making sure to involve himself completely, compensating for all the lost times.

She heard the door opening, but she didn't bother to turn back knowing who it would be, she waited eagerly for either a small hand or his huge manly one to go around her, but instead she heard a very familiar voice that shocked her.

"Hi Sivu" the voice reverberated inside Sivaangi's ears,  but she couldn't bring herself to turn and look.

She would be lying to herself, if she said, she didn't expect, she knew Ashwin was planning something, but when faced in reality it shook her beyond her imaginations.

"Can I sit here?" Mika asked standing next to Sivaangi.

Sivaangi just nodded her without even turning to look at her but just continued to stare ahead.

"The view here is just beautiful" Mika continued talking sitting next to Sivaangi.

But she continued her silence.

"Enna paaka kooda pudikalaya Sivaangi? Even after so many years? " asked Mika her voice clearly showing the hurt.

Again Sivaangi did not reply but turned and looked at her sister. She had changed a lot, even though she was lean before, now she looked even more thinner, which made her look taller, her whole body and facial muscles showed much more toning and sculpting, her hair was highlighted with red color, the tips were bleached, layered, yet long enough until her waist, she was wearing colored contacts which actuated her wheatish tone.  On the whole she looked nothing like Sivaangi now, except for a faint resemblance, but her eyes, despite the contacts, it was same, as always speaking its own language.

"Hi " Mika said smiling at her sister who was busy scanning her.

"Hi " Sivaangi replied in a blank tone.

"How are you? " Sivaangi asked formally 

"Nalla irukken Sivaangi " she replied with the same smile.

"Did Ashwin call you? " Sivaangi jumped to the question directly not wanting to prolong the pleasantries.

"Yes, he did, looks like I have some explanations to do" Mika replied.

"I don't need any explanation from you Mika, I am happy for your new life, but what is broken between us is broken and I don't think anything you say can ever mend it" said Sivaangi

"Hmm.. ivalo veruppu vara alavukku naan enna panninen Sivaangi?" Mika asked really hurt

"Enna panniniya? you broke the twin trust, you broke our bond, you lied to me, you hid things from me" Sivaangi exclaimed her tone slightly raising.