Chapter 32 - The final knot

Disclaimer: Not proof read, as I wrote this amidst arranging my house out of the boxes.. :)

"Appa, do you know to drive the bike? " asked Mithra looking at her father cleaning his royal Enfield

Ashwin looked at her from behind the bike with a content smile. Even though it has become usual for him to hear them calling him 'Appa', still every single time it creates goose bumps, making him almost choke with happiness.

"Theriyum ma" he replied.

"Then, can you take me and Nethra for a drive? last evening when I went to park with thatha, I saw a girl going with her father in bike, I too want to" she said with her puppy eyes.

"Ayo, it is dangerous ma, you are too small to sit on a bike and I don't have a helmet for you" replied Ashwin.

Mithra came behind him and hugged his neck. "Please pa Please pa Please pa" she pleaded rubbing her cheek against his, making him melt completely.

"If you take me on a ride, I will tell you the nick name Amma uses for you, deal ah? " Mithra tried negotiating knowing her father's weakness by now.

"How about you tell me the nickname and we can all go to Ooty tomorrow by car and I will let you sit in front with me for sometime? " he negotiated back, pulling her from behind and sitting her on his lap.

Mithra looked above with her index finger on her chin, thinking and the replied "Ok, deal" she said fist bumping with her father.

"Ok now , the name?" asked Ashwin.

She curved her cute little fingers to a come action, requesting him to bend to her height "I have seen a few times, Amma looking at your photo and talking to it, addressing you as" she said loudly

 '.......' " and whispered the name as a secret in his ears with a giggle.

"Appadiya? thanks for telling me da kutty ma, enakku idhukku munnadi indha matter theriyave theriyaadhu" replied Ashwin with a raised eyebrow and a surprised look, giving the victory to his daughter even though he very well knew that is how his future wife addresses him whenever her love for him overflows.

"Okay, byeeee,  I am going to go and tell Nethra about the Ooty plan" said Mithra jumping down from her father's lap and running inside the house.

"Nethra, Thatha, paati, we are going to Ooty" squealed Mithra not only letting Nethra but the entire house know about the plan.

"What is Ooty?" asked Nethra who came there hearing her sister's squeal

"I have no idea, but Appa said we can go there on a drive and I can sit in front with him"  Mithra said doing a small hip shake dance in happiness.

"Appa, not fair, how can you commit for something with only her? what about meeeee? " Nethra whined looking at Ashwin who came after Mithra.

"Sorry da kanna, first half of the journey, let her sit, second half you can, ok va" Ashwin asked really feeling guilty

"No, why does she get to to sit first? why not me?" Nethra whined again

"Because, in exchange I gave some important information to Appa " said Mithra proudly.

"Appadi enna ma important information? " asked Ashwin's mother who came there hearing the commotion,  followed by her husband

"Ayo adhellaam onnum illa ma, Nethra, while returning from Ooty, you can sit in front first, deal ah? " asked Ashwin trying to stop Mithra from spilling further.